Zr. King Album - Releasing A New Record & Independent Promotion Planning

socialhero

Reaction score
My band is releasing a new record in May, and as we work towards that we're promoting single launches and doing as much press as we can to build excitement. It's a difficult (and kind of weird) thing, trying to figure out how to do all this stuff yourself.

I thought I'd make a thread about it and update it as we move towards the final release.

The album will officially come out May 17th, but the first single release is tomorrow! A publication called Pure Grain Audio picked us up for a single premier, so the song can be streamed through their site in advance of Spotify/Pandora/Apple/etc.

This is really exciting for us! There are some members on this site that have supported us from the beginning, when a lot of this was just ideas and buildup to our first record - it's really rad to see things continue to materialize with a sophomore effort. Looking at you @redking @cooljuk @Who @DADGAD @Deftone @Freddy G @frozenotter @Alligatorbling @Tim Fezziwig @Sp8ctre, amongst many others I'm sure I'm overlooking.

And the music is rocking as all get out, so that helps too. Lots of Les Pauls, dual hums & grind.

First single is streaming HERE, it's got some righteous thunder!

b-W1sic2l6ZSIsImxhcmdlIl1d.jpeg

b-W1sic2l6ZSIsImxhcmdlIl1d.png

I'll add to this thread as more singles come out and we release any videos - but I'd be very interested in feedback too.

Anyone who says rock is dead isn't paying attention!

:dude:

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
Hell yeah!

Just gave it a listen. I’m looking forward to the May 17th full album.

I’m a fan.

socialhero

Reaction score
Wicked!! You gonna make shirts?
Yo dude - hoping to! Working on some new designs and might press some more of the Euro Tour shirts from the first era. We're working with a PR firm this time around, so a lot of resources are tied up in that. We did get some killer new stickers and guitar picks made though!

MMB_stickers.JPG

MMB_guitarpix.JPG

I just got a sweet care package in the mail! Thanks so much, @socialhero!

The whole album is solid. Extremely well produced and well played rock mastery!
For sure dude, and thanks for the compliment. We've already started mixing #3, wheels are turning. :dude:

Is your Ronin in this album?
It is! Most of the guitars are a blend of my main Ronin Mirari, an R8 with a ReWind custom ZrK set, and an ES339 with a ReWind Creme Brulee set.

redking

Reaction score
My band is releasing a new record in May, and as we work towards that we're promoting single launches and doing as much press as we can to build excitement. It's a difficult (and kind of weird) thing, trying to figure out how to do all this stuff yourself.

I thought I'd make a thread about it and update it as we move towards the final release.

The album will officially come out May 17th, but the first single release is tomorrow! A publication called Pure Grain Audio picked us up for a single premier, so the song can be streamed through their site in advance of Spotify/Pandora/Apple/etc.

This is really exciting for us! There are some members on this site that have supported us from the beginning, when a lot of this was just ideas and buildup to our first record - it's really rad to see things continue to materialize with a sophomore effort. Looking at you @redking @cooljuk @Who @DADGAD @Deftone @Freddy G @frozenotter @Alligatorbling @Tim Fezziwig @Sp8ctre, amongst many others I'm sure I'm overlooking.

And the music is rocking as all get out, so that helps too. Lots of Les Pauls, dual hums & grind.

First single is streaming HERE, it's got some righteous thunder!

View attachment 366573

View attachment 366574

I'll add to this thread as more singles come out and we release any videos - but I'd be very interested in feedback too.

Anyone who says rock is dead isn't paying attention!

I like it!

Deftone

Reaction score
¡¡Gracias!!

The song just got picked up on Loudwire’s weekly Spotify playlist, which is pretty rad.

Hopefully that gets folks to add it to their own playlists; the more people do that the more the algorithm recommends it to others. :thumb:

View attachment 367290
Right up there with Death Angel! :dude:

Get them T shirts going! I want that monkey sticker too.

socialhero

Reaction score
This week is off to a good start - we had an interview go live via Kill The Music:

IMG_3323.jpg

The Loudwire placement has been great; we've had 1,500+ streams of the new track so far in less than a week. Pretty killer to be included on a playlist with Death Angel, Trivium, Amon Amarth, and Motley Crue. :thumb:

IMG_3349.jpg

Right up there with Death Angel! :dude:

Get them T shirts going! I want that monkey sticker too.
@Deftone - we get stickers made by a company called StickerJunkie, the monkey is part of their design.

If you want these, I'll send 'em to ya. Let me know!

IMG_3356.jpg

Deftone

Reaction score
@Deftone - we get stickers made by a company called StickerJunkie, the monkey is part of their design.

If you want these, I'll send 'em to ya. Let me know!
No worries, Bud. I'm just looking to buy Zr.King merch. Gotta support the cause. Thanks for the offer though!

socialhero

Reaction score
No worries, Bud. I'm just looking buy Zr.King merch. Gotta support the cause. Thanks for the offer though!
Setting these aside. Next cool shit we got working that ends up heading your way, I'll throw 'em in the box. :thumb:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, @socialhero, on being one of a very small handful of people to send one of my pickups in for warranty repair. You REALLY put the blood sweat and tears into that one! ...I'm pretty sure it wasn't all just yours either, which is a little concerning but, hey, rock n' roll does as rock n' roll is! You sure made some great sounds with my little electromagnetic minion! Happy to polish it up and send it back your way for more punishment.

One of only two oxblood colored butyrate humbucker sets in existence! It was great to have it back. I personally turned, chamfered and parted those steel poles on my lathe in that one! A rare breed.

socialhero

Reaction score
Congratulations, @socialhero, on being one of a very small handful of people to send one of my pickups in for warranty repair. You REALLY put the blood sweat and tears into that one! ...I'm pretty sure it wasn't all just yours either, which is a little concerning but, hey, rock n' roll does as rock n' roll is! You sure made some great sounds with my little electromagnetic minion! Happy to polish it up and send it back your way for more punishment.

One of only two oxblood colored butyrate humbucker sets in existence! It was great to have it back. I personally turned, chamfered and parted those steel poles on my lathe in that one! A rare breed.
Thanks James! Really appreciate you making adjustments and turning it back around so fast.

Super pumped for that guitar to be completed, we’re in the home stretch. It’s a Rosser and it’s gonna look KILLER with those pickups in it (and sound murderous as ever, I’m certain).

0E2D743C-A270-4575-8E69-591B0017D74F.jpeg

Separately, sometimes you get a pretty killer quote from a press review, I thought this one that came out this past weekend was pretty rad:

24041B7B-32D2-42D6-85D4-1C08AE213E63.jpeg

The full article on Audiofuzz is here:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
That review is perfect!

That guitar is mighty sharp, too! Is that a maple cap or just only finished on the front? I love the look, either way.

If you find that you need a little different sound out of those pickups, since they were originally made for another guitar, just send 'em both home and I can make adjustments.

Latest Threads