Zoom G3n thoughts and overdrive/boost suggestions

jimmydee

Reaction score
I'm considering the Zoom G3N. Can someone please tell me what it does do well and what it does not do well? I have heard that as far as boost and overdrives is where it lacks, but how is the eq in the unit? how is the looper? how does it do compared to individual pedals? I'm in the market for an overdrive pedal in addition, can you suggest an overdrive pedal for me?
I originally was in the market for a looper,eq pedal and a couple over drives and boost pedals but i thought this would be the better option. Thank you in advance.

tzd

Reaction score
What amp are you plugging into, and what kind of tone are you after?

If your budget is between $150-200, Zoom G3n and Boss GT-1 are probably the only multi-effect units in consideration. I haven't tried either of those but I think the Boss will probably sound better.

jimmydee

Reaction score
my budget is 300. in a multi unit i'm looking for a looper, some overdrives and an eq which the g3n seems to fit the bill or i could go with the boss or even the mooer ge200

tzd

Reaction score
my budget is 300. in a multi unit i'm looking for a looper, some overdrives and an eq which the g3n seems to fit the bill or i could go with the boss or even the mooer ge200
For $300 I'd get the Boss ME-80. Those old-school knobs are much easier to dial in.