Zero fret nut

Spooky Electric

Reaction score
Does anyone know of zero fret nuts available in any colour other than white? I'd like to fit one to my 2007 Deluxe but a dazzling white nut will look terrible with given the aged/yellowed look of the fingerboard binding, pickup surrounds, pickup selector etc. Thanks!

jkes01

Reaction score
Since the nut isn’t doing anything except holding the string spacing in a zero fret nut, it doesn’t really matter what the material is.

A vintage bone nut might match your plastics better.

Roxy13

Reaction score
My question is does this have a zero fret nut now so that the fret is in place? If it does, you could use any material then to make the nut with. If it has a standard nut though I'm not anyone other than Zero Glide makes them?

If you have to go with Zero Glide maybe rough it a bit with some 400 grit sandpaper and put some tinted clearcoat on it:

Definitely don't put in the slots and also bear in mind it needs time to dry once you've done all the coats. At least a week. I wouldn't restring or put it back in it's case until it's completely dry to the touch.

smk506

Reaction score
My question is does this have a zero fret nut now so that the fret is in place? If it does, you could use any material then to make the nut with. If it has a standard nut though I'm not anyone other than Zero Glide makes them?

If you have to go with Zero Glide maybe rough it a bit with some 400 grit sandpaper and put some tinted clearcoat on it:

Definitely don't put in the slots and also bear in mind it needs time to dry once you've done all the coats. At least a week. I wouldn't restring or put it back in it's case until it's completely dry to the touch.
I used a furniture repair marker to stain a tru glide nut, and I was pretty pleased with the results. Not lacquer or anything like that as far as I know, just a light wood toned magic marker basically.

Spooky Electric

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions, guys! Reckon I'll go with the Zero Glide and try a furniture repair marker to ‘age’ it to match the fingerboard binding.

Latest Threads