Zeppelin song recommendations for me.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
That little A-B-E-D thingy at :15 is a key embellishment (and I think you got ii). When you play the C-B-Bflat chords at :22 there is an open/barre combo that allows a couple strings to ring open (I don't have a guitar in my hands at the moment, but will figure it out and post it). Once I figured the chord structures, I felt like I was nailing it.

When you get to the G-chord (after the end of the recording) and start doing the "Da-da-da-da" and bounce back up to the D, you need to be a little loose and sloppy with the pick hand.

That sounds good to me.
Thanks

RAG7890

Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 for babe I'm gonna leave you
.........I’ll never leave you Bob. ;) :p :D

On a serious note:-

Black Dog
Rock ‘n Roll
When the Levee Breaks
Whole Lotta Love.
Ramble On
Since I’ve Been Loving You
In My Time of Dying (great for Slide)
Communication Breakdown
What Is & Should Never Be
Heartbreaker
Bring it On Home
Immigrant Song

If you want to go nuts.........Kashmir.

For Acoustic try Gallows Pole or maybe Battle of Evermore.

:cheers2:

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Whichever songs you go with, there are loads of guys doing covers on youtube. Check out the better acoustic ones and see what they do when there is something difficult to replicate on acoustic (like the noisey abstract stuff before the Whole Lotta Love solo and many of the electric solos). In some cases, find a way to string it all together with existing connections in the song and eliminate the solo all together.

Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Rain Song,
Alternate tuning, SIMPLE, great dynamics and women love it....

Ramble on, easy....

Over the Hills is intricate but awesome to do.

Friends ....Alternate Tuning but very cool, and very, very Easy.

Black Country Woman....easy ...better with two guitars or a an accompanying mandolin

Hey Hey What Can I do? Easy ...timing has a tad goofiness ...

Gallows Pole, has a strange turn around I was never quite successful at mastering, but once you get past it I'm sure its easy

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
The Rain Song, Alternate tuning, SIMPLE

Over the Hills is intricate but awesome to do.

Gallows Pole, has a strange turn around I was never quite successful at mastering, but once you get past it I'm sure its easy
Rain Song simple? To do it really well, not at all for me. That timing and keeping tempo kicks my ass.

Over The Hills was far easier.

The Gallows Pole turnaround is tricky. I keep tinkering with it.

BTW, I can't sing. Never could. I also lack the coordination to be able to do so with a few exceptions. I can sort of pull off Space Oddity for one. Only for my amusement. No one else would find it amusing.

I was asked to sing back up for every band I've been in. I would join in (where possible) and was never asked again.