Zeppelin song recommendations for me.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have been asked a few times at shows to play something by zeppelin. Any recommendations on something I could try to pull off as a solo guy with very limited vocal and playing abilities.

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ten years gone is my favorite. But I think it's 8 minutes long so may not be great

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I am ashamed to admit that these seem either over my head or the drum or bass lines are such a huge part of the song that doing them solo would take a lot away from the song. However I think ramble on may be within the realm of possibility. I liked gallows pole and ten years gone.... I am so limited vocally that it really limits what I can sing. You canndo anlot of faking on a guitar.....not singing.

Meatwad

Reaction score
I've done a number of LZ songs unplugged.

Over the Hills and Far Away.....and I throw in a bit of Stairway that usually garners some laughs.:D
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Travelling Riverside Blues
The Rain Song
Friends
Going to California
That's the Way

Some of them do require alternate tunings if that's yer thing.......I dig 'em.

Pennyman

Reaction score
Are you into open tunings? "That's the Way" will earn you some appreciative nods from those dark corners...

Tone deaf

Reaction score
How about these three:

Over the hills and far away
Bring it on home
Gallows pole

I think these are tunes that aren't ingrained into everyone's heads and you can even make them your own.
"Thank You"
Probably the first 4 Zep tunes that I learned to play. My left hand still cramps as I think about learning the chords for Thank You.

Bring it on Home is fun.