Zakk Wylde's Rebel Les Paul information

Exluthier

Reaction score
Lost the headstock here in Rio. :)

zakk_headstock.jpg

I like how you can see the little plastic tab that Gibson uses to align the fingerboard and neck blank.

GuitarJoe

Reaction score
Whats with the #4 on Zakks rebel?
Was it put on by him , I know hes a basebell fan but Babe ruth is 3 and Mantle is 7.

#4 is Lou Gehrig.

Judgey1197

Reaction score
You guys dont understand how much this post has helped me!!!
Are the 81 EMGs signature? or was this wayy before his signature line. Ik he used this on the no more tears album right?

roodyrocker

Reaction score
You guys dont understand how much this post has helped me!!!
Are the 81 EMGs signature? or was this wayy before his signature line. Ik he used this on the no more tears album right?

What do you mean by the EMG 81 being signature? If you mean something special/modded, I've never read or heard of him using anything but stock EMG 81/85 combos. EMG just packages them as a ZW set for marketing purposes. Both pickups were around long before many Guitarists saw Zakk using them.

Rudy

Judgey1197

Reaction score
I thought the ZW EMGs were different. Sorry. But Ive heard of it having 2 EMG 85s, I thought they were 81s. Ik it has two of the same pickup.. HELP!!!

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
I thought the ZW EMGs were different. Sorry. But Ive heard of it having 2 EMG 85s, I thought they were 81s. Ik it has two of the same pickup.. HELP!!!

Read page one. Your questions have already been answered. And no, just as roodyrocker said, its just marketing. Same pickup as they have always produced.

Pinkie

Reaction score
Got to have that special set to get that Zakk tone, squeal or whatever.

Mad Scientist

Reaction score
I have always used 047-010 strings sets and only recently found out that 060's are available. Shows how much I pay attention right? Well now I find out that there are 070's out there! What's a boy to do?

070! That's gotta be like a Bass string right?

Mad Monkey

Reaction score
To me Zakk is a Amazing player but honestly i wouldn't chase tone that much to the point of wanting to know what neck wood it is. to me you are gonna sound like you weather you play your hero's signature gear or not.

stringbender11

Reaction score
There's a guy on the Seymour Duncan forum with one just like Zakk's only not burned - beer bottle caps and all.
I never knew he'd based it on Zakk's, he never mentioned that, I always assumed it was his own, stupid idea.

lol.

Latest Threads