ZAKK WYLDE Treated At Hospital For Blood Clot

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
zakk_clot.jpg

Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE) was apparently taken to a local hospital emergency room following BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's August 19, 2009 concert in Missoula, Montana in order to receive treatment for a blood clot (see photo above). According to a posting on Zakk's official Twitter account, he was headed back to the hospital today to receive further medical attention for the same condition

"Wylde has been diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs, and has been admitted into the hospital in Eugene, OR this afternoon," said the post, dated Tuesday, Aug. 25. "Today's BLS appearance in Eugene has been canceled, along with the remaining BLS appearances on the tour."

“The Pedal To The Metal Tour” will continue without Black Label Society, the band said.

KVAL News was unable to confirm with local hospitals that Wylde had been treated here. Under federal privacy laws, a patient has the right to ask a hospital not to announce that they were treated there.

"All of that is being kept private at the moment," Jim Baltutis with Global Brand Media, listed as contacts for the band, said by e-mail Wednesday. "He is under observation and we’ll update his condition when we have additional information. Hopefully by days end."

Wylde, 42, has played lead guitar for Ozzy Osbourne since 1988 in addition to recording with Black Label Society.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3kBjpCjqaI]YouTube - ZAKK - GET WELL SOON - NEW RELIGION BLS[/ame]

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Black Label Society frontman Zakk Wylde, who was diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs and was admitted to a Eugene, Oregon hospital August 25th, has issued the following update via his Twitter page:

"To all our Black Label family worldwide, thanks for all the 'get-wells. Every 48 hours [I have to get myself to] the [hospital] ER [emergency room] to check my blood. Had a CT scan [a painless, sophisticated x-ray procedure which obtains images of parts of the body that cannot be seen on a standard x-ray — Ed.] today and have blood clots in each of my lungs as well as my leg. can't sing because pushing can cause an embolism."

An embolism occurs when an object migrates from one part of the body (through circulation) and causes a blockage (occlusion) of a blood vessel in another part of the body.

Black Label Society has dropped off the remaining dates on the "Pedal To The Metal Tour" due to Zakk's condition.

The "Pedal To The Metal Tour" will continue without Black Label Society, and the rest of the bands — Mudvayne, Static-X, Suicide Silence and Bury Your Dead — will carry on with the trek as scheduled.

Further updates on Zakk's medical condition will become available as they are known.

Thanks for the report to Blabbermouth.net.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
wow...third or fourth thread about this already.

eitherway...get well soon. Come back and make a BLS cd that kills whatever ozzy is cooking up.

twinrider1

Reaction score
Well, Flick is new, so we can cut him some slack. He probably isn't on much and didn't see the threads, or just doesn't know how to use the search function yet.........
Waaaaait a minute.. :)

peter679

Reaction score
Newb's...LOL

I love the Man in the most hetero of ways and I'm praying for the Boss man!

Pete

The_Sentry

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a15Vwj4keI]YouTube - Black Label Society Heart of Gold[/ame]

Latest Threads