Zakk Wylde OD pedal - model difference?

220volt

Reaction score
Does anybody knows differences between Zakk Wylde's overdrive pedals? They're both called ZW44 and they both cost the same, but look different. Is one a newer model? difference in tone?

Thanks in advance

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
Graphics. The guts are the same. They just changed the graphics on all of his sig pedals to match.

The ZW44, as you might know, is a tweaked SD-1 of sorts, much like what he used before it came out.

220volt

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks
Yeah i know it had similarities with SD-1 but I've never played Zakk one, and reviews were just overwhelmingly positive so I thought I might try one.

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
If they read this forum, they might have removed the internal switch (which switches between GT-OD and ZW-44 mode)

MXR pedals with this switch:

MXR GT-OD
MXR Classic OD
MXR ZW 44 OD

If they sound the same, I would risk going for the older model.

musicmaniac

Reaction score
If they read this forum, they might have removed the internal switch (which switches between GT-OD and ZW-44 mode)

MXR pedals with this switch:

MXR GT-OD
MXR Classic OD
MXR ZW 44 OD

If they sound the same, I would risk going for the older model.
I just asked you about the switch in another thread. I look forward to hearing from you.

Syn

Reaction score
The ZW pedals (older) didn't have he switch it was just the GT-OD which was constructed on the same PCB and was switchable to the ZW. The Classic OD also had a switch for 2 different circuits.
The new one (top picture) may have a switch, but not that I've read or heard about.
They sound good, I prefer a modded SD-1 for Zakk tone though.

Latest Threads