Zakk Wylde hospitalized!

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
From zakkwylde.com

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY FRONTMAN ZAKK WYLDE’S HEALTH TAKES CENTER STAGE

MEDICAL CONDITION HAS FORCED THE BAND TO DEPART THE PEDAL TO THE METAL TOUR IMMEDIATELY

LOS ANGELES, CA: August 25, 2009 - Black Label Society has performed their last show on “The Pedal To The Metal Tour” due to the health of frontman Zakk Wylde. Wylde has been diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs, and has been admitted into the hospital in Eugene, OR this afternoon. Today's BLS appearance in Eugene has been canceled, along with the remaining BLS appearances on the tour.

“The Pedal To The Metal Tour” will continue without Black Label Society, and the rest of the bands will all be participating throughout the remaining dates on the tour. Please visit Pedal to the Metal Tour 2009 ? Mudvayne | Black Label Society | Static-X | Suicide Silence | Bury Your Dead | Hellzapoppin for tour dates.

BLS apologizes to ticket holders on the remaining “Pedal To The Metal” dates for the inconvenience, as well as to all BLSNATION Meet & Greet purchasers who gathered for the event this afternoon and in the remaining cities. BLSNATION refunds will be processed promptly.

Further updates on Zakk’s medical condition will become available as they are known.

Black Label Society
Zakk Wylde and Black Label Society

zakk_clot.jpg

peter679

Reaction score
I saw that on twitter this weekend.. I didn't know it was that bad :( I guess I'm lucky I saw them Aug 2nd..

I hope it's not an issue.. :( Stay strong Zakk!

Jody

Reaction score
that dont sound good...stay strong brother...

porkchop87

Reaction score
... holy shit...

Could things get worse for Zakk? First Ozzy kicking him out, now this...

He'll pull through, I know it...

Jason

Reaction score
Damn! Get well, Zakk... That hospital is in my city, I was just there a couple of weeks ago.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Zakk is a cool guy, and blood clots are nothing to mess around with.

Everybody seems to be dying this year, so Zakk, can't pull that one on us buddy! Get well!

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I had a buddy die from a clot a couple years ago. Out of fuckin nowhere too man. Clots are nothing to fuck around with.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
:hmm:

You know...mebbe Wylde outta take a break for a while. Especially 'cause of this.

The dude's been going nonstop for years now. Say what you will, but he has worked his ass off between Ozzy and BLS. Seems lately people have sorta been down on him, too. His last 2 sig models (the SG/flying V hybrid) and the coffin guitar weren't exactly greeted with a lot of fanfare.

Mebbe it's time for him to recharge. Get back to basics. Forget about the limelight for a while...

The Guitarist

Epi Verification Expert
Reaction score
Zakk will make it through, if there's one tough musician out there, it's him. Oh and Sent did the SV get such a bad welcoming? i always thought that got a pretty good review. If anything i liked it, was pretty innovative, but was the dean splittail out before or after the SV?

The_Sentry

Reaction score
Zakk will make it through, if there's one tough musician out there, it's him. Oh and Sent did the SV get such a bad welcoming? i always thought that got a pretty good review. If anything i liked it, was pretty innovative, but was the dean splittail out before or after the SV?

It got decent reviews, but I don't think a lot of people bought it which is the ultimate litmus. I think TBH as it is there are probably too many sig models anyway.

I like ZW's BLS...much more than I do Ozzy these days. But even before this happened, I sort of was of the hopes ZW would take a break, do something different (like another country album) before going full tilt with BLS again.

Looks like he might not have much of a choice now....

The Guitarist

Epi Verification Expert
Reaction score
It got decent reviews, but I don't think a lot of people bought it which is the ultimate litmus. I think TBH as it is there are probably too many sig models anyway.

I like ZW's BLS...much more than I do Ozzy these days. But even before this happened, I sort of was of the hopes ZW would take a break, do something different (like another country album) before going full tilt with BLS again.

Looks like he might not have much of a choice now....

Yeah he really does need to cool off, he's been pushing himself for years straight. And about the SV your right about the sales, when it comes down to it, i like it but if i had the money i'd definately be buying something else in the price range.

Latest Threads