Zakk Wylde - Back in the Hospital

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
There is not one factual death directly tied to steroids anywhere ever.

Not to argue but what about all those folks who died from heart and kidney (among other problems) that stemmed from the abuse of steroids?

Mike's_LP

Reaction score
Nobody ever died from steroids? Google Chris Benoit.

Hamtone

Reaction score
He did not die from any conclusive link to steroids. The guy went crazy or always had been. As I said there are abusers of most anything. There is more good to be gained than bad, if doctors were able to supervise.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Not to argue but what about all those folks who died from heart and kidney (among other problems) that stemmed from the abuse of steroids?

If a person were high rick for those things, its possible. I stand by my statement, there is no direct link to death. You can have those issues from too much advil

I'm not advocating the use of aas compounds but, most people only know what the media has told them.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Possible motives

WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt appeared on Live with Dan Abrams on July 17, 2007 and said that Benoit was prescribed testosterone as part of a treatment for testosterone replacement therapy, which McDevitt said was a common medical practice for people who had used steroids in the past, and had suffered testicular damage as a result.

Former wrestler Christopher Nowinski stated that Benoit may have been suffering from repeated, untreated concussions throughout his wrestling career, ultimately leading to an unstable mental state. Nowinski was quoted as saying that Benoit "was one of the only guys who would take a chair shot to the back of the head ... which is stupid."[17] Tests were conducted on Benoit's brain by Julian Bailes, the head of neurosurgery at West Virginia University, and results showed that "Benoit's brain was so severely damaged it resembled the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient."[18] Tests conducted on Benoit's brain tissue revealed he did in fact suffer from severe chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE),[19] and had brain damage in all four lobes of the brain and brain stem.[20] Bailes and his colleagues concluded that repeated concussions can lead to dementia, which can contribute to severe behavioral problems. Benoit's father suggests that brain damage may have been the leading cause of the double murder-suicide.[21] A statement released by WWE dismissed this idea as "speculative".[22]

Nancy Benoit had filed for divorce in May 2003, allegedly after domestic abuse from Chris, but had withdrawn it in August 2003.[23] In February 2008, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (AJC) reported that Nancy may have suspected her husband of having an affair with a WWE Diva, and that they may have also argued over a life insurance policy. The AJC claimed the source was a recently released report from the Fayette County Sheriff's Office.[24]

I see lots of head trauma, but I do not see where it or the medical examiner states that steroids killed him.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
He did not die from any conclusive link to steroids. The guy went crazy or always had been. As I said there are abusers of most anything. There is more good to be gained than bad, if doctors were able to supervise.

True to a point. Ask Barry Bonds (allegedly) :thumb:

Hamtone

Reaction score
True to a point. Ask Barry Bonds (allegedly) :thumb:

There has been way more deaths do to overdose prescribed meds, alcohol, cigarettes, lead paint.

Seriously its bs, its even more bs that we have spent millions of taxpayer dollars on congressional investigations on steroids in sports. I really dont know why congress would give a crap about employees of a private industry.

Im not advocating, just pointing out 99% of the population including doctors know nothing about sports nutrition, aas, or exercise.

I doubt highly ZW is on steroids, especially the amount it would take for his body to fail and not look that big or ripped.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
There has been way more deaths do to overdose prescribed meds, alcohol, cigarettes, lead paint.

Absolutely. Yesterday was my first day back at work and I got a call about a woman that was dying because she mixed her drugs together. She'll make it though.

Seriously its bs, its even more bs that we have spent millions of taxpayer dollars on congressional investigations on steroids in sports. I really dont know why congress would give a crap about employees of a private industry.

I can kinda see why its such an issue but spending all that money when it needs to be directed someplace else is what pissed me off about all that. Especially when no one has been convicted of it either.

Im not advocating, just pointing out 99% of the population including doctors know nothing about sports nutrition, aas, or exercise.

Very true. Everytime I bring it up in my meetings or conversation, I get the 'deer in the headlight' look quite often.

Hamtone

Reaction score
General practitioners know how to treat a symptom and not a problem. They have not been school on practical nutrition that is not the fatass pyramid I mean the food pyramid..maybe I should call it the type 2 diabetes pyramid.

Latest Threads