Zakk Wylde - Back in the Hospital

apocalypsebob

Reaction score
He should go in every three months and see what their saying. God he needs to.

he checks in to hospitals regularly on tour and gets check, keeps it updated on his twitter actually and he is usually good to go

the clots can form really fast so unless you never leave the hospital there is no guarantee, he is doing what he can and thats about it

having blood clots and being on thinners is a rough spot, you can feel perfectly fine and simply drop dead, he was lucky enough to even be diagnosed a lot of people don't make it that far

I'm no medical expert, but I thought the first time he had the clots they said the clots had passed through his lungs and/or heart on the way to the legs...

EDIT: That said, when my dad was in the hospital he had some clots in his legs and they had some leggings (since he wasn't quite mobile yet) on him to keep them from moving up to his lungs or heart, so I dunno...

Maybe there's a doctor around here that can throw in his/her .02..

zakk did the legging thing as well, what happens is the clots form in the legs and pieces break off or they break loose completely and they travel back through the heart through the femoral vein usually and from there they either cause heart, lung, or brain problems if they get lodged somewhere they shouldn't

they form in the legs from sitting a lot, people who travel a lot are prone (rockstar)...the sleeves are used for compression to help slow or stop the formation of clots

weirdotis

Reaction score
I don't know if the legs go to the brain or the heart. If a blood clot gets to the brain, it is stroke time. The heart and it is an attack of some type. Neither of these are good options.

Brain, heart, and lungs are the main places where a blood clot getting trapped can be fatal. If trapped in the brain, it can (like you said) cause a stroke, in the lungs it causes pulmonary embolisms (blood clot) which can be fatal in many cases. I think blood thinners would be the only hope for PEs (correct me if I'm wrong). And, the obvious effect of one getting trapped in your heart is a heart attack.

vintageJIM

Banned
Reaction score
my theory is that anabolic steroid use played a part in this

apocalypsebob

Reaction score
my theory is that anabolic steroid use played a big part in this

accusing someone that you don't know really anything about other than their public persona of drug use is pretty irresponsible thing to do in my opinion

Alvinfan

Reaction score
I guess he has lived his life the way he playes : Giving it all and without compromise. I think he is a great player and hopes all the best for him !

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsih9nUpq2U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsih9nUpq2U[/ame]

ianm76

Reaction score
accusing someone that you don't know really anything about other than their public persona of drug use is pretty irresponsible thing to do in my opinion

Public persona of alcohol abuse, he says he never did any drugs..

ianm76

Reaction score
I guess he has lived his life the way he playes : Giving it all and without compromise. I think he is a great player and hopes all the best for him !

WOW, that's a kick-ass video, thanks! :dude:

Zack is a great player, definitely in my top 5 favorites..

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score

Blood clotting disorders are commonly (not always) hereditary in nature. For example, my friend that died had a Protein C deficiency. Clots were supposed to be under control with meds but it didn't work.

I read a news add a few months ago where Wylde said he had a hereditary issue that caused the clots.

2. We do not allow any posts that contain vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images; bigoted, hateful or racially/sexually offensive statements; has content that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them; unauthorized copyrighted material; language that defames, abuses or threatens others; advertising or any form of commercial solicitation and/or material that does not pertain to the room's given topic.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/front-desk/1315-mylespaul-rules-please-read.html

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
the cause of recurrent DVT can be any number of issues; I offered my theory, which is my opinion

if anyone here wants to call me offering my opinion "irresponsable", or "spouting stupid shit"
then there you go ....................

I'l remember to return the favor next time someone else here offers their opinion about anything .............

An opinion is a statement similar to 'X-Brand amp sounds better than Y-Brand'. Inferring that someone you've never met, never has been accused, known or admitted to taking steroids what makes your comment irresponsible while spouting stupid shit.

vintageJIM

Banned
Reaction score
well, it's not like I have a theory that he uses that limp peter helper in your signature photo, Extenze :thumb: :laugh2:

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
well, it's not like I have a theory that he uses that limp peter helper in your signature photo, Extenze :thumb: :laugh2:

This is true. Ever been to GNC? Walked into one last month and they had these on the shelf, right at the door. An Extenze energy drink...what will they think of next? :thumb:

Hamtone

Reaction score
my theory is that anabolic steroid use played a part in this

Really? Was he on anabolics or was he on androgen's?

Just for those who dont know what they are speaking (about steroids) the propaganda on steroids is far worse than that of pot. There is not one factual death directly tied to steroids anywhere ever. There is media connected events, but no evidence once so ever. This topic is riddled with misinformation and exaggeration. Anyone who abuses anything will pay the price, not just steroids.

Promise, even if he was on gear, his blood clots would not be related. It would be like saying "men have more testosterone in their system which leads them to blood clots" which is not the case. Some one who is prone to them can be based on diet, dehydration, being static for long periods, and the list goes on.

vintageJIM

Banned
Reaction score
I played a lot of sports when I was younger, and during that time steroid use wasn’t as big of an issue as it became in subsequent years.
During that time most folks that wanted to bulk up would just eat a lot but then that has the potential for some negatives.
Some people would eventually try nutritional supplements, and that takes a bit of effort, regimentation, and it can get expensive.

I knew of a few people that were eventually taking steroids, and most of them were taking them in their late teen years up to their early thirties.
People in this age group are basically in a time frame after their bodies would have developed as they would have naturally, on their own, without other nutritional, or drug enhancements.

Of the few I knew that eventually were doing steroids, they usually weren’t satisfied with their bodies, having small builds, some even very small built, and of course that’s probably why they were getting on steroids.
Most of these people were lifting weights, and bulking up, and in most cases physical similarities evolved.
The most obvious similarities in change were bulk, hair growth, acne, darker skin tone, and personality changes.
It’s quite startling at times to see people you know personally go thru’ such physical, and even mental transformations.
These changes were very consistent within the set of steroid users I know of, yet these are only changes that were visually perceived.

What then has gone on in within the bodies of those that have used anabolics over protracted periods of time; what is the potential long term pathology of steroid use?

I have seen most of these people go into their 40s with a myriad of health issues, most of which are not good, and many are common to what ZW is experiencing; liver & pancreatic (metabolic) conditions, imbalanced LDL & HDL levels, high blood pressure, heart conditions, blood clots, etc.
Are these people experiencing these similar health issues because of their previous steroid use, or is it because of some coincidence? I have no idea.
The odd thing is most of these guys were a mirror image of ZW when he started playing for Ozzy, when he was ~20; small skinny kids, with no facial hair to speak of, a year or two past the basic age of physical maturity, etc.
Something eventually transformed these people into much bigger, much different looking, in some case much different acting individuals, and eventually with similar health issues.

I’m certainly not claiming to know what the real issue is with ZW & the cause of the blood clots he has developed but as I stated earlier, it is a ’theory’, a theory based on past & current experience of people I have known, and still know, and from what I have read concerning ZW’s history, and the similarities.

My ’theory’ is nothing more than that, a theory, and certainly nothing anyone should take personally, for sure.

Hopefully ZW’s health improves :thumb:

Hamtone

Reaction score
Also the effects of a heavy alcohol abuser

vintageJIM

Banned
Reaction score
people that are long term/chronic alcohol abusers are generally more likely to have lower platelet counts that would tend to thin the blood, which would generally not promote clotting but anything is possible

Latest Threads