Zakk Wylde - Back in the Hospital

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know this goes against what I said in the most recent thread about Zakk, but here it is:

Black Label Society was forced to cancel an appearance last night in Omaha NE due to Zakk Wylde’s health.
Tonight’s appearance in Clive, Iowa has also been affected.
Wylde was diagnosed with a blood clotting condition in his leg, and was admitted to a hospital in Nebraska. It is a reoccurrence of an issue first diagnosed in August 2009.
“The Black Label Berzerkus” is set to continue in Milwaukee, WI this Saturday, October 2.
BLS apologizes to ticket holders of last night’s show, and for the inconvenience to the fans affected in Iowa as well.
Tickets will be refunded at the place of purchase- and Meet & Greet package refunds will be processed promptly.
Further updates on Zakk’s medical condition will become available as they are known.

- - - - - -- - - - - - --- - - - - ----- - - - - -

He even quit drinking, and is on blood thinners. What the hell is happening?

Hack

Reaction score
He shouldn't have quit drinking.

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He even quit drinking, and is on blood thinners. What the hell is happening?

Just because you quit drinking doesn't mean the consequences disappear. Quitting drinking only does you good if you live long enough to heal a bit as a result. Plus, not all ailments go away.

GNR4EVR

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had some complications for years. Some will never go away- the mental stuff especially. If at some point he contracted hepatitis A, which is one complication of drinking too much, issues will never go away. A normal liver regenerates when you cut pieces from it, a liver that had hepatitis does not. With it come a host of problems.

Hack

Reaction score
I had some complications for years.

images

Sky

Reaction score
Hopefully he gets well soon...

chasenblues

Reaction score
Guess "Kicking the worlds ass" is a little tougher than he expected.:naughty:

LesPauI+SG=Win

Reaction score
This sucks :(

Zakk was dangerously close to dieing last time...

Keep him in your prayers

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
I was afraid this would happen. A buddy of mine had the exact same condition he has. He was also on the medications and seemed just fine...right until he came home and died right in the door to the apartment.

ianm76

Reaction score
FWIW, Zakk's out of the hospital and back doing gigs on the tour...

:dude:

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
What's the cause of something like that? Blood clots in the legs, barring injury or a heart valve problem, neither of which I recall being mentioned in Zakk's case, I'm not sure what would cause recurring leg clots like that.

ianm76

Reaction score
What's the cause of something like that? Blood clots in the legs, barring injury or a heart valve problem, neither of which I recall being mentioned in Zakk's case, I'm not sure what would cause recurring leg clots like that.

I think there was mentions of it being a hereditary condition...

ianm76

Reaction score
Isn't it a bit too soon? Health comes first. He needs to take care of Number One first.

I would agree, but Zakk's always had a pretty hardcore work ethic and a high drive to keep up his obligations to his fans...

AngryHatter

Reaction score
It's just a consequence of getting older...
Leslie West has the same thing going on at the moment.
Hope they both get better.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if the legs go to the brain or the heart. If a blood clot gets to the brain, it is stroke time. The heart and it is an attack of some type. Neither of these are good options.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He should go in every three months and see what their saying. God he needs to.

ianm76

Reaction score
I don't know if the legs go to the brain or the heart. If a blood clot gets to the brain, it is stroke time. The heart and it is an attack of some type. Neither of these are good options.

I'm no medical expert, but I thought the first time he had the clots they said the clots had passed through his lungs and/or heart on the way to the legs...

EDIT: That said, when my dad was in the hospital he had some clots in his legs and they had some leggings (since he wasn't quite mobile yet) on him to keep them from moving up to his lungs or heart, so I dunno...

Maybe there's a doctor around here that can throw in his/her .02..

Latest Threads