Yummy Treats!!

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
Almost sounds like packer pellets. Bet they loved the treats.
Never heard of those before. These I just baked like cookies - they smelled so good I wanted to eat them myself. They enjoyed them but I don't think I'll be baking for them regularly lol.

EnjoGuitar

Reaction score
That's awesome. I'm sure they enjoyed the hell out of the treats.

crawlingkingsnake

Reaction score

Beautiful horses btw.:thumb: I'm a sucker for paints. I had to get rid of my horses after my accident. Was one of the worst days of my life.

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score

Beautiful horses btw.:thumb: I'm a sucker for paints. I had to get rid of my horses after my accident. Was one of the worst days of my life.
Thanks :) Sherlock is a belgian draft paint cross - his mom was this tiny little paint mare and his dad was this enormous 18 hand belgian stallion who was mean as he could be. Sherlock is way bigger than his pictures make him look, he gets mistaken for a Gypsy Vanner a lot since he's got some feathering on his feet (it stands out when he's actually clean, LOL). His feet are as big as dinner plates. My other horse is an off track TB that I officially retired this year because of his arthritis. He gets to spend his remaining years just being spoiled rotten.

I love them all , I can't imagine ever losing them. I can definitely understand how it would be one of the worst days of your life.

crawlingkingsnake

Reaction score
Never heard of those before. These I just baked like cookies - they smelled so good I wanted to eat them myself. They enjoyed them but I don't think I'll be baking for them regularly lol.
We use packer pellets on hunts. Easy to pack and they are a good feed for the horses. When I had my horses I gave them the pellets as treats. When they were on pasture they could hear the can, and come running to the barn.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Those are some fine-lookin' critters you have there, SSL...

Great to see how well they are doing, too!

--R :)

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah, that explains it...spoiled princess hamming it up for the camera. :laugh2:
Hamming it up for the camera is all she ever does! When she first came here she was wild as could be and you couldn't get near her. Now all you ever get is shots of her nose. :laugh2:

crawlingkingsnake

Reaction score
Thanks :) Sherlock is a belgian draft paint cross - his mom was this tiny little paint mare and his dad was this enormous 18 hand belgian stallion who was mean as he could be. Sherlock is way bigger than his pictures make him look, he gets mistaken for a Gypsy Vanner a lot since he's got some feathering on his feet (it stands out when he's actually clean, LOL). His feet are as big as dinner plates. My other horse is an off track TB that I officially retired this year because of his arthritis. He gets to spend his remaining years just being spoiled rotten.

I love them all , I can't imagine ever losing them. I can definitely understand how it would be one of the worst days of your life.

Hes huge. Love the blanket on him. That's too bad about the arthritis, at least he gets to enjoy days of being spoiled rotten. All animals deserve that.

I love my dogs and cat. But there was something about my horses. When I did't want to talk to anyone about my problems, it always seemed like they understood. Sounds crazy, but they made things easier for me when I got back home from over seas. I could talk to them and they would just know what I was talking about, they would nod, give a whinny, or a look that things were ok.

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score

Life is good - everybody is happy and healthy right now :) Can't ask for much more than that!

The big guy has some new equipment coming and we are going to get back into riding more. :) I've been hesitant because of my leg and other things, but I think I'm ready to go for it again.

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes huge. Love the blanket on him. That's too bad about the arthritis, at least he gets to enjoy days of being spoiled rotten. All animals deserve that.

I love my dogs and cat. But there was something about my horses. When I did't want to talk to anyone about my problems, it always seemed like they understood. Sounds crazy, but they made things easier for me when I got back home from over seas. I could talk to them and they would just know what I was talking about, they would nod, give a whinny, or a look that things were ok.
They are very smart, and they just know things...you can have a conversation with them and they can have it right back with you. There really isn't any friend quite like a horse.

SneakySnakeLady

MLP Snake Lady
Premium Member
Reaction score

He injured his leg racing and was bound for the meat wagon, but he was saved and retrained. He is the best horse and would fly to the moon for you if he could, but he has developed arthritis in that knee pretty bad. I give him Cosequin and that really helps, but he still stumbles a lot and I'm afraid if I put weight on him and make him move he'll end up tripping and falling with me and we'd both get hurt.

He is one of my best friends and won't have to worry about anything for the rest of his life. I'm doing my best to keep his leg from getting worse, or at least slowing it down as much as I can.

crawlingkingsnake

Reaction score

He injured his leg racing and was bound for the meat wagon, but he was saved and retrained. He is the best horse and would fly to the moon for you if he could, but he has developed arthritis in that knee pretty bad. I give him Cosequin and that really helps, but he still stumbles a lot and I'm afraid if I put weight on him and make him move he'll end up tripping and falling with me and we'd both get hurt.

He is one of my best friends and won't have to worry about anything for the rest of his life. I'm doing my best to keep his leg from getting worse, or at least slowing it down as much as I can.

Your doing the best you can for him. I'm sure you and him both know it. Hes thanking you with a everlasting friendship and respect.

Arthritis and an old injury like that is hard to take care of. Your doing the best you can. Keep up the good work SSL. Hopefully someday you will both be able to enjoy a ride.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score

I agree, and nominate you for sainthood for being such a wonderful, caring "mom". :applause::):D

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
Horses are amazing. My family had three when I was in high school. A Buckskin Quarter Horse, an Appaloosa, and a crazy Arabian.

Latest Threads