YouTube Video About My 79 Les Paul Standard

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Cool guitar! I found my magical guitar when I was 15 ... a used 1979 SG Standard that I bought in 1981. The body is a single piece of wood that makes it an odd-ball, for sure, compared to other 79 SG Stds. Mine was made in Kalamazoo.

Was your Les Paul made in Kalamazoo or Nashville? Do you have any thoughts on whichever factory that did build it has contributed to your guitar's significant mojo??

metalmike222

Reaction score
Was your Les Paul made in Kalamazoo or Nashville? Do you have any thoughts on whichever factory that did build it has contributed to your guitar's significant mojo??
Mine was made in Nashville. I'm not sure if being made in Nashville added to the mojo, but I choose to believe that having Randy Leonard's initials in the truss rod cavity help. :)

That was cool....so....just guessing it isn't for sale?!!??! ;)
Nope, this one is going to my son after I'm gone.

metalmike222

Reaction score
Great vid - Love it..."I had no interest in going to college but I was very interested in getting my hands on $700!" lol
Yeah, I had a buddy watch the video first to make sure it was ready to make public and he loved that part too. lol

decoy205

Reaction score
thanks for sharing. Your guitar sounds great! I love norlins too. I dig the tones from the 900 the best out of the amps in the video.

vaguely

Reaction score
My 79 Les Paul is my all-time favorite guitar, by far... So I made a YouTube video to show it off. :)

my first "good" guitar was also a Norlin LP (1978) with dimarzio PAF pickups in it, wine red, reportedly from a recording studio, and heavily, heavily played. jumbo refret. wonderful guitar! my wife bought me a Norlin era 335 for my birthday and it's great too!

metalmike222

Reaction score
Great job on the video! Killer Les Paul.
Thanks! I'm pretty much retired from the band world these days, due to some physical limitations, but I'm finding that the YouTube channel is satisfying my need for creativity.

Latest Threads