YouTube TV...anyone have it???

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
My Direct TV promo has ended so now the 2,000% price increase has set in. I wanna try one of the streaming options and YouTube TV seems like it's be the one for me. It's cheap and looks like you can watch pretty much any of the sports channels...which is all I care about anyway.

Anyone have this? Anyone use a different service?

Cable and satellite are both just too damn expensive!

pnuggett

Reaction score

I've had YTTV for a few months now. I don't watch a lot of sports but I'm happy with the service and it's pretty user friendly. Unlimited DVR included in the price and holds recordings for up to 12 months. Also it gets some local channels that were unavailable to me on the previous service. Recommended.

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Youtube TV and love it. I like how you get the local channels and unlimited recording. I watch a lot of sports, and there is more than enough sports channels. We compared it to Hulu's TV offering, but Hulu limits how much you can record.

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
I have Youtube TV and love it. I like how you get the local channels and unlimited recording. I watch a lot of sports, and there is more than enough sports channels. We compared it to Hulu's TV offering, but Hulu limits how much you can record.
Good to hear about the sports channels. I don't record much, but my wife does. I'm sure she will like that feature.

mkayers

Reaction score
I use Hulu live. About $60 including dvr & less commercials. Get all the sports there too plus locals.

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
My bro in law uses the direct tv app. $40 I think...streams all direct tv channels.

K.O.M.A.

Reaction score
I've had it since December after getting tired of getting ripped off by DirecTv. Pros: it's cheaper, unlimited recording, no equipment to lease and I get all the sports channels I need. Cons: It sometimes takes a minute to start a program, it has about a 10 second lag on live TV (I was talking to my sister on the phone while watching the same football game and we noticed it) and the worst thing is you can't channel surf. It's menu driven, in other words you have to pull up the menu to change channels. Also, my 4K smart TV is only a couple of years old and it's not compatible with Youtube TV so I had to get a Roku for it to work. (Which may be why I can't channel surf, I' not sure)

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
I've had it since December after getting tired of getting ripped off by DirecTv. Pros: it's cheaper, unlimited recording, no equipment to lease and I get all the sports channels I need. Cons: It sometimes takes a minute to start a program, it has about a 10 second lag on live TV (I was talking to my sister on the phone while watching the same football game and we noticed it) and the worst thing is you can't channel surf. It's menu driven, in other words you have to pull up the menu to change channels. Also, my 4K smart TV is only a couple of years old and it's not compatible with Youtube TV so I had to get a Roku for it to work. (Which may be why I can't channel surf, I' not sure)
Yes I checked my three year old TV and noticed I couldn’t find the app!

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
Is Roku a one time cost? Or is it a monthly service?

Don’t make me Google this!

judson

Reaction score
someone mentioned plutotv https://pluto.tv/live-tv/

as long as you have internet you can watch tv....free

anyone use it, i went there for 10 minutes to see if it was free....yeah it works

not a tv watcher but surf the net way too many hours per day.....watching only what i want, when i want it

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
I’m liking what I see in Hulu plus Live TV...YouTube TV has a few more channels, but I’ll need a Roku or something with it since my TV won’t support it. Decisions....