Youtube rant: I'm sick of people that do "reaction" videos saying they're monetized and need you to pay them to watch videos.

irocdave12

Reaction score
I just hate the begging for the money when they don't actually do anything but point a camera at themselves and talk about what other people create. It's like people that can't learn to play the piano, so they sample someone else's blood sweat and years of practice, put something over the top of it, and then call it their own. Look at Rick James and MC Hammer, or Queen Bowie and Vanilla Ice to site some older examples. If they were creative enough to create something so memorable they wouldn't have to steal it from the ones that can.

These reaction videos are like several steps away from even that, they don't even pretend to have talent, they think their existence alone makes them worth your attention, again it's narcissism at a whole new level. How about the product grammarly, can't spell, can't write, no worries we'll fix everything for you so you never really have to learn for yourself. You can bet kids in the 1800's were way more qualified to write than to today's generation of clueless computer dependent kids. Now get off my lawn young people!
For a small fee I can send you a video of me unboxing my next guitar or piece of gear. My review will require an additional payment.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just post a vid of you previewing your new guitar or amp and we'll tell you right here what we think of it, for free!
We don't ask for subscriptions or ad revenue.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I haven't had much like with my project..

You Tubes Guitar instruction in Braille....maybe I should get a microphone or something..
:laugh2:

I see that somebody has his thinking cap on! :thumb:

I'm upset that Youtube doesn't have Braille manuals for reloading firearms cartridges as part of its content, too.

--R :p

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people wanting to make some money on Youtubia. Doesn't matter what the subject is. But I am very selective about who I listen and subscribe to. I will say Freddie G is one who I have subscribed. A couple other guitar oriented channels also.
Freddie G is a real treasure.

NRBQ

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with reaction videos, just stop asking for money to watch videos because you think you're so important the public should pay you to do it. You F'n dunce!

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
This is like complaining that hitting yourself in the head with a hammer hurts.
Does it really?
I think that since the "force applied to" is equal to the "force applied by" they will cancel each other out.
:hmm:

Let em go try!
:fingersx:

Edit:
Ouch!
For fucksakes, ouch!
:mad:

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Re; Professional YouTubers

I used to think I was a fairly intelligent person, but now I realize I’m not, not in the least.. because if I were, I would’ve mastered the art of making money by doing absolutely nothing.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Re; Professional YouTubers

I used to think I was a fairly intelligent person, but now I realize I’m not, not in the least.. because if I were, I would’ve mastered the art of making money by doing absolutely nothing.
Hindsight is 20/20
In 2000, my boss and I were considering where to invest our SEP-IRAs.
We decided against Amazon, because the very business model ensured that the more they sold, the more money they would lose.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Malikon

I'm gonna let you down And leave you flat
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All I've learned from 'Vocal Coach Reacts' videos is that vocal coaches seem flaky, air headed, and incredibly annoying.

Like Singers but without the charisma.

twst1up

Reaction score
I'm a member of weabo nation...I dont send no one no bread tho

psychedelicblues

Reaction score
Who the F are these narcissistic people that feel they should be paid money to listen to people that actually have talent. I guess it's the new generation, pay me because my mere presence and opinion are worth money. Me me me, it's not even about the creators anymore, it's about the people with no talent listening to the people that actually do. If you like this thread, please hit the subscribe button so that I can get paid for talking about the people that listen to the people who actually have the talent.
Who the F are these narcissistic people that feel they should be paid money to listen to people that actually have talent. I guess it's the new generation, pay me because my mere presence and opinion are worth money. Me me me, it's not even about the creators anymore, it's about the people with no talent listening to the people that actually do. If you like this thread, please hit the subscribe button so that I can get paid for talking about the people that listen to the people who actually have the talent.
There was a guy doing a reaction video for the band Focus doing the song hocus pocus did not even recognize the woman who introduced them was Gladys Knight.

Latest Threads