You're officially a vinyl collector when....

DotStudio

Reaction score
What are you if you call it a Sonic Transducer?

giphy.webp

six-string

Reaction score
and you can't be both? a guitar enthusiast and a vinyl enthusiast?
music isn't about monogamy.

don't put limits on your ability to enjoy things!

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
pre-ordered...

1626874364979.png

Comes out Sept 3rd. I'm so curious what that picture is going to be on the inner jacket, looks like a mural or something.

I feel like Steve Harris spent the past year playing Ghost of Tsushima :laugh2:

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Metallica Black Album Deluxe Box set on order...the waiting is the hardest part!

Limited edition deluxe numbered box set (with magnetic flap) of Metallica (Remastered) includes the album remastered on 180-gram double LP and CD, "Sad But True" picture disc, three live LPs, 14 CDs and six DVDs featuring unreleased content (live shows, rough mixes, demos, etc), MP3 download card of all audio, four tour laminates, lanyard, three lithos, three guitar picks, lyric folder and sheets, and a 120-page hardcover book with never-before-seen photos + stories from those who were there.

BLACK-ALBUM-DLX.jpg

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice!

I really wanted the big box sets for the first 4 albums but they're like $300-$400 each!

Emmitt Fitzhume

Reaction score
a greatest hits? .. tempting but I have the other records so I have all those songs.

View attachment 553712

I notice it only lists Su and Moa,.. that's interesting.
At the time I pre-ordered it I only had Metal Galaxy on vinyl and the first 2 albums were too expensive on vinyl but then the price dropped on the first 2 and I got them. It's still cool having the clear vinyl though. It's remastered too and I think it sounds a little better. And The One is the Japanese version so that's different.

Officially Babymetal is just Su and Moa now so I guess that's why they're the only ones named but all the songs with Yui still have her on them.

Last edited:

Maggot_Brain

Reaction score
Just picked up a new copy of Allman Brothers - At Fillmore East for my dad so he doesn't have to play his original pink label 1st pressing any time he wants to listen to vinyl. Somehow, he didn't have Eat A Peach in his collection so I got him a 70s copy of that. It spent its entire life in Macon, GA until I bought it from the 1st owner on eBay.

He's really enjoying the Audio Technica tt that I got for him for Fathers Day. It's got a built in preamp for headphones so he can, listen quietly or he can hook it up to his powered Bose speakers and crank it up. Pretty sure it came with a diamond tipped stylus, also. It's not a super expensive turntable but it'll work for now. I wanted to get him one with the adjustable tone arm weight thing on the rear but all the ones I wanted were out of my price range.

I really wish my sister hadn't sold his old Yamaha turntable he bought before I was born. It was an awesome tt that would cost wayyyyy more than I care to spend to replace today. I've got every other piece that was there, the tuner and auxiliary tape player, and the speakers were thrown out years ago because they were busted.

Edit: it was a Yamaha YP-211, shown below

il_794xN.3321037960_525v.jpg
il_794xN.3321057138_f2va.jpg
il_794xN.3321057034_git4.jpg
il_794xN.3321056966_t2s8.jpg

Last edited:

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
pre-ordered...

View attachment 550707

Comes out Sept 3rd. I'm so curious what that picture is going to be on the inner jacket, looks like a mural or something.

I feel like Steve Harris spent the past year playing Ghost of Tsushima :laugh2:

I know you bought it Mal, but I thought I would share the inner sleeve art since it wasn’t in your post and you didn’t know what it was supposed to be.

9E531EDE-B468-471C-97BA-C3C24F91E9CA.jpeg

It’s fucking awesome!!!

Latest Threads