You're officially a vinyl collector when....

Malikon

I'm gonna let you down And leave you flat
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200704-235628_Gallery.jpg

In case it's too hard to read i was saying that's the album Paul's "grandfather" is holding in the hotel room scene in A Hard Days Night.

.... yeah i paused the movie and looked it up. Lol

fett

Reaction score
My Produce Guy is coming over today to look at the Dual 606 TT. I will let him take it home and test it out. I'm thinking he will want to buy it because he doesn't have a DD TT. One of these sold on ebay for $160. How much should I charge him? I just uncovered one of these in my kitchen. It's a Pioneer PL-530. :shock: Check ebay. I'm rich!!:cheers:
1593962283983.png

Last edited:

Malikon

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Death Stranding records came and they look fantastic. Sounds good and the packaging is really nice. The jacket is sort of metallic and the LP's are clear with different colors of splatter going through them. The colors look like a pastel pink, a sort of tan, and the first album is clear with a metallic silver pattern...

20200706_182843.jpg

20200706_183216.jpg

20200706_183257.jpg

20200706_183337.jpg

20200706_183346.jpg

Pete M

Reaction score
We were supposed to go to a concert this month that was canceled/refunded, so I decided to splurge on a sort of rare record.

Oasis Be Here Now. One of the most hyped records in rock history and released in Aug 1997, it was briefly met with near-unanimous praise, but quickly became hated by fans and critics alike. Bloated, overproduced, poorly arranged, elementary lead riffs, and lyrics full of Beatles song titles and self-references. Noel Gallagher has all but disowned it.

I hated the album when I first bought it back in the day, aside from a couple tracks. But once I accepted that it wasn't another Definitely Maybe or Morning Glory, it grew on me.

Over the years it's actually become my favorite Oasis album to listen to. It was reissued and remixed on vinyl in 2016. I picked up a copy the other month but returned it. Some reviews corroborated what I heard; poor sound quality, some of the now-familiar guitar riffs (Wayne's World guitar bits as Noel Gallagher has called them) are barely audible or entirely missing. The vocals in some songs are mixed too low. Nothing about it was an improvement to the original mix on CD IMO.

I tracked down an original pressing from 1997 that is in near mint condition. The most I've spent on a record so far, but it will occupy a special place in my collection. Should have it next week.

View attachment 470195

Ha Ha. I was a massive Oasis fan as a teenager, but I quickly went off them. For some reason the only thing I kept was my original British vinyls of Morning Glory & Be Here Now. Be Here Now has never been played. Maybe played Morning Glory twice since 1995. I've no idea what they are worth :dunno:

P_20200707_101743_1.jpg

six-string

Reaction score
a friend of mine who runs a local record shop finally reopened his store after 3 months!
new rules- masks are mandatory- gloves are also (free at the door with the hand wash) and of course limited number of patrons in the store at once. social distancing please!
so i went by for a look-see and found a nice gem in the used bins.
there was another thread recently (thanks Fezz) about Linda Ronstadt so this one needs little introduction.
except the album is a rare Nautilus Records pressing. they were an early audiophile record company specialized in 1/2 speed mastered from the original tapes on virgin vinyl. this one is in fantastic condition for a 40 year old record.
played perfectly with no background noise or clicks, pops etc. amazing.
91PEthPgSdL._SL1500_.jpg

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
Please make sure you get a Cart that's made for those old shellac 78's, if you use a regular stylus on them you'll ruin them.

Congrats that's a nice turn table. I have that exact same one down in my dining room, it's the family player for the house that the kids can use for their records too (we all have record collections and players in our rooms) . :thumb:
Thanks!

I did indeed get a cart just for shellac records.

Even have an original Bing Crosby " White Christmas"!

Rob H.

Reaction score
Ha Ha. I was a massive Oasis fan as a teenager, but I quickly went off them. For some reason the only thing I kept was my original British vinyls of Morning Glory & Be Here Now. Be Here Now has never been played. Maybe played Morning Glory twice since 1995. I've no idea what they are worth :dunno:

View attachment 473870
Not sure about Morning Glory but Be Here Now should be worth around $150.

I thought that was a lot of money for a record until I saw the Wildflowers prices haha.

A shop near me has two copies of the Beatles “butcher cover” version of Yesterday and Today, the cheaper of the two going for $1000.

Malikon

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
for that price it might be a (version 2)?? I forget what they call it, where it's had the sticker peeled off.

There's original ones that go for big dollars

then one's that have the sticker over the butcher that have been removed (sometimes clean, sometimes not so clean)

then one's that still have the sticker (I have one of these)

then the reissues with the printed cover that matches the sticker.

and they all go for different prices.

------

Label/Co.
Number
Title
Description
Year
NM Value
CapitolST-2553Yesterday...and TodayStereo first state Butcher cover (sealed, Livingston copies, w/letter of authenticity)1966$25000.00

Rob H.

Reaction score
Today we were going to get one record each. I guess we sort of stuck to that because we each got one Led Zeppelin record.

Today’s haul:

- The Eagles first album
- Relaxin’ with the Miles Davis Quintet
- Zeppelin I and II
- “Chris Cornell“ a well thought out compilation spanning his career. Not my selection but really enjoying it.

Ditched Nirvana’s Bleach at the last minute which I’m already regretting. I learned just about every riff from that album back in eight, ninth grade. I’ll be grabbing it soon to jam along with.

In the meantime I’ll be learning some Zeppelin :jam:

Malikon

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This weekend Beatles Anthologies 2 and 3 showed up.

Expecting 1 this week to complete the set.

Found a rare Ultraman record of the score I picked up. It's in the states already so i don't have to pay the crazy shipping prices from Japan. Win!

20200712_224357.jpg

Rob H.

Reaction score
This weekend Beatles Anthologies 2 and 3 showed up.

Expecting 1 this week to complete the set.
The Anthology albums are what first made me think to someday buy each album. At the time they were released I only had the red and blue comps, and the White Album.

My sister and mom bought the anthology CDs. I was blown away how much great material I hadn't heard, eg. Tomorrow Never Knows. So I sold the comps to my sister and got my CD collection of their later albums going a couple years later.

Latest Threads