You're officially a vinyl collector when....

Malikon

Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get Fear Factory - Soul of a new machine, on vinyl lately

Malikon

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ok barring the 3 Anthology Collections (which I may or may not get), I think I've collected everything I wanted to get since I started collecting Beatles music. I think it's been about 6 months since I started listening to them, maybe more,.. I think I got the first Abbey Road record last summer but I didn't really get the fever until around Christmas I think.

So.. the collection...

20200531_115108.jpg

top: The Decca Tapes. The recording of their audition to Decca music when they were playing in Hamburg. Before they were really 'The Beatles' and were wearing leather and singing a bit more like Elvis.

The original Swan Records 45 of She Loves You

The original Parlaphone: Please, Please Me from the UK (the first 'real' Beatles record)

The original VeeJay Records: Introducing The Beatles

The original Capital Records: from Meet the Beatles to Let it Be, the 18 original USA Capital Releases

Left Side: Canada only releases of Twist and Shout and Long Tall Sally. The first and second albums released in Canada. Not sure why they got different editions than the US and the UK, but they did. Long Tall Sally looks almost identical to The Second Album released in the US.

They're the only group I've seen that have 4 'first records'. One in Canada, One in the UK, and Two in the USA released on two different labels. (Veejay and Capital)

Though I'd consider the first UK release of Please, Please Me to be the first 'real' Beatles record. It's their UK record and they're a UK band.

20200531_115246.jpg

Left side: Reissues of all the #1 Single 45's, (plus Free as a Bird - 1995). They're reprinted in the original jackets from all over the world. Pretty neat, and it comes with a nice little book that talks about all the songs, and a thick blue cardboard storage box to hold them all.

20200531_115359.jpg

All the Hal Leonard music books I could find of the albums, minus Hard Days Night which I can't find. (well I found one copy but the guy wants like $300 for it,... so... fuk that.)

20200531_115550.jpg

All the 180 gram UK stereo reissue/remasters from Please, Please Me to Let it Be.

20200531_115710.jpg

The Mono Masters collection, Red Album collection, Blue album collection, #1's singles collection, Cirque du Soleil 'LOVE' album (which is fantastic btw), Live at Hollywood Bowl concert album, Live and Let Die soundtrack, McCartney solo album, George Harrison solo album collection.

Last edited:

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting bit from the Rega P2 manual:

"Don't use any record cleaner that works while the record is playing or any cleaners that use water or solvents. If you keep your records stored in their sleeves, avoid touching the playing surfaces, play with the lid down and keep all water and fluids away, cleaning should not be necessary. Don't worry about visible dust on the record surface, this is brushed aside by the stylus and any that collects on the stylus can be easily blown away. In general, record cleaning is overdone and one should not believe all the claims made by record cleaner manufacturers"

six-string

Reaction score
Interesting bit from the Rega P2 manual:

"Don't use any record cleaner that works while the record is playing or any cleaners that use water or solvents. If you keep your records stored in their sleeves, avoid touching the playing surfaces, play with the lid down and keep all water and fluids away, cleaning should not be necessary. Don't worry about visible dust on the record surface, this is brushed aside by the stylus and any that collects on the stylus can be easily blown away. In general, record cleaning is overdone and one should not believe all the claims made by record cleaner manufacturers"
yeah i have a Rega P5 table and it has the same blurb in the manual.
i had a chuckle reading that. sure...the dust just blows away.
yes, keeping your records in their sleeves and avoiding touching the playing surface are good ideas.
but a decent soft brush before you drop the needle is also a good idea to improve your listening experience.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mal, have you ever listened to Savoy Brown? "Hellbound Train" was a must have album when I was in college. Great music and the album cover was one you always left on display.

Hellbound Train.jpg

Ed B

Reaction score
yeah i have a Rega P5 table and it has the same blurb in the manual.
i had a chuckle reading that. sure...the dust just blows away.
yes, keeping your records in their sleeves and avoiding touching the playing surface are good ideas.
but a decent soft brush before you drop the needle is also a good idea to improve your listening experience.
I highly recommend the static gun. Steve was right. This and a brush are all you need for most records. I’m very happy that I purchased this.

Rob H.

Reaction score
Going record shopping today for the first time since March! Freakin’ pumped.

Last night I dreamed I found a Beatles 7” that featured the Stones to help boost the Beatles’ rock n’ roll image. I flipped it over to see what songs were on it. Ticket to ride and a couple others.

The back cover had a b&w picture of John Lennon dancing arm in arm with Keith Richards and...Chewbacca:dunno:

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend the static gun. Steve was right. This and a brush are all you need for most records. I’m very happy that I purchased this.

Those actually work?
I remember in the 70s thinking they were some worthless placebo "ray gun" thing.

Malikon

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Beatles live at the bbc should be here tomorrow.

I bought abbey road, sgt pepper and please please me again this week since I ended up framing them.

My album collection looks weird in the database now because i have all these multiples..

Screenshot_20200607-161637_Discogs.jpg

Latest Threads