You're officially a vinyl collector when....

Malikon

she's so heavy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I bought 150 anti-static inner sleeves and they've helped a lot. Plus now I don't have to keep any records in paper or cardboard sleeves.

It's a shame only about 1/4 of my records came with decent quality plastic lined inner sleeves. Amazing you can spend $30 on a record and it still comes with a garbage paper sleeve inside.

So I have all the jackets in a quality plastic sleeve, then behind the jacket I have the actual record in a good inner sleeve, stored in the plastic sleeve along with the album cover. This way I think will protect both the album cover and the record itself.

20200324_095827.jpg

Last edited:

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Today I ordered from Amazon a Asus Essense Stk ii sound card for my PC. Should be a significant upgrade from what I currently have. It was a bit pricey at $210, but there are others far more expensive. I just wanted stereo, not something for gaming or movies.

Also bought on ebay an old Hafler DH-240 power amp for my PC. I presently have a Hafler DH-120. I'll probably order the "audiophile" mod kit for the DH-240. It's pretty much a gut & rebuild of the amp leaving only the chassis, transformer, and power transistors.

asus_essence.jpg

hafler.jpg

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Newest addition to the PC sound system. Hafler 220. Crazy power for a PC, but sounds outstanding. I also hooked up the Pinnacle sub. That thing is amazing!

Very happy with how it all sounds, but I still have to install the 8" mid-bass drivers in my DIY cabs.

hafler 220.jpg

Ed B

Reaction score
Newest addition to the PC sound system. Hafler 220. Crazy power for a PC, but sounds outstanding. I also hooked up the Pinnacle sub. That thing is amazing!

Very happy with how it all sounds, but I still have to install the 8" mid-bass drivers in my DIY cabs.

View attachment 454845

Hope you're doing well, Don.

What is the "Pinnacle sub"?

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hope you're doing well, Don.

What is the "Pinnacle sub"?

Ed, Pinnacle was a company who made relatively high-end audio gear. I don't think they are still around. Anyone putting together a home system should look at Pinnacle.

I have a CS 66 sub. It's a pair of 6" drivers, that sold for around $1,200 new. I wanted something with a small footprint, but big sound. I've heard my share of subs and this one is absolutely amazing! They don't just rumble and make noise, they are very articulate and solid sounding. I have a pair of huge subs I build for my main stereo system that provide a great reference. The Pinnacle can't begin to compare with my subs, but at normal room level volume the Pinnacle sounds as nice. It's a monster sub for a computer and better than what most people use with the home audio system.

Pinnacle CS 66.jpg

Ed B

Reaction score
Very nice. Thanks, Don. My eyes will be peeled.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Oh shit.

Danger.

Malikon

she's so heavy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah Mondo is cool. I got the last of us from them and ordered the death stranding collection too

Malikon

she's so heavy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
that Lebowski record is cool,........ it really ties the room together.

Ed B

Reaction score
Here's the one I REALLY wanted. Sold out before I discovered it. Jesus' purple suit was a nice consolation. :rofl:

The White Russian!

Malikon

she's so heavy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have these on pre-order from Mondo, a 3 LP set of the songs from the Death Stranding game...

1587048739105.png

1587048764964.png

Songs like this..... (that play while you're playing, it's not The Score, it's background songs from the game) ...

Hideo Kojima has a soft spot for music and he picks the songs for his games in much the same way Tarantino picks songs for his movies.

Latest Threads