You're officially a vinyl collector when....

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
@Shred Astaire do you limit yourself to purchasing Red (pink-ish ?) vinyl so that you have color coordination ? (Something that I'd definitely believe about @Malikon :naughty: )
Haaa!! No I didn't even know it was pink when i ordered it. I have all sorts of colors but mostly black. :)

The clashing of the pink and red is giving me anxiety though. lol

Malikon

I'm gonna let you down And leave you flat
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think people smoke weed for that these days, "Muh Anxiety!"

Malikon

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
CAM is an addiction worse than this site!
beware...hide your wallet.
This is my problem with Discogs

It's too easy to just buy records. Found a decent condition 'Meet the Beatles' for $3.50 and I'm like, "Sure, why not!"

I have all the UK reissues, now I find myself looking at the USA versions (since they're different), and I'm curious about the original mono recordings since the reissues are all remastered into stereo.

six-string

Reaction score
exactly. it is a slippery slope. too easy to browse and click and buy stuff.
what starts as a "few inexpensive records" starts adding up. and suddenly you've got stereo gear in every room in the house!
you go to IKEA to buy furniture to store records in and put your gear on....yikes!

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is my problem with Discogs

It's too easy to just buy records. Found a decent condition 'Meet the Beatles' for $3.50 and I'm like, "Sure, why not!"

I have all the UK reissues, now I find myself looking at the USA versions (since they're different), and I'm curious about the original mono recordings since the reissues are all remastered into stereo.
And don't forget that you need at least two, possibly four Scorpions sets... US, UK, original cover art, politically correct cover art...

Skeletor

Reaction score
What are you guys doing for storage?
I like that thing Mal is using and I may break down and order one but wondering if anyone else has something practical,simple and cheap.
Mal, how sturdy is the divider in that Odyssey crate? Wondering if it can be used on it's side (so a double stack taking up less floor space)?

six-string

Reaction score
Ikea has a shelf/storage unit called "Kallax" that is very popular with record collectors.
cheap and solid- available in various colors- white/black/brown/grey
can be placed upright or on its side to suit your space.

Rob H.

Reaction score
I used up a random sheet of craft vinyl my fiancé had lying around, to protect the cover of my turntable. She also bought a shelf and made the “now spinning” vinyl letters so we have a place to hold the sleeve of the album currently on rotation.

My rate of collection has definitely slowed but I do have several new titles since my last post.

More Beatles, Doors, Sonic Youth, Oasis. Added some Howlin’ Wolf, Willie Nelson, and Joy Division.

27222DAA-D1A4-4669-90AC-F5033E5393B2.jpeg

BB5FD99B-09A8-4018-850A-533657E9142E.jpeg

23140EB7-9D0B-4095-9777-51EE51E3C2DC.jpeg

Last edited:

rogue3

Reaction score
"You're officially a vinyl collector when...."

you are giving prize vinyl pieces to your daughters(and sons) as keepsakes.

Malikon

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What are you guys doing for storage?
I like that thing Mal is using and I may break down and order one but wondering if anyone else has something practical,simple and cheap.
Mal, how sturdy is the divider in that Odyssey crate? Wondering if it can be used on it's side (so a double stack taking up less floor space)?
They're extremely sturdy. At this rate I'll need two more...

20200223_013043_50.jpg

I take the lid off and turn it around so i can use it as a table top

Latest Threads