Your top ten favorite albums of the 1980's

NRBQ

Reaction score
Oh one of my favorite eighties bands is back :rofl: :rofl:
Not sounding like the eighties but okay, the idea is fun, Just hoping he will take moonkings out of hibernation after this. But cool, can i finaly get a new shirt and retire the old 1984 one.... :headbanger:guess who...
Whitesnake? Great White? White Lion? White Stripes? White Zombie? Average White Band? Whitey Bulger? Betty White? Reggie White? Black Sabbath? Black Flag? The Black Keys? Black Eyed Peas? Luis Black? Green Day? Moody Blues? Blue Oyster Cult? Shocking Blue? Pink Floyd? Red Hot Chilli Peppers? Simply Red? Deep Purple? Regular Purple? Maroon 5, or 6 thru 9? King Crimson? Cream? Golden Earing?

Last edited:

Gilmour's Knob

Reaction score
Some more I love

Billy Squier - Don't Say No
J Geils Band - Freeze Frame
Violent Femmes
Tom Petty and the HB's - Pack up the Plantation Live - Another awesome live album
Def Leppard - Hysteria - Yeah I know... but there's some great Steve Clark riffs on this.... Go listen to Gods of War
Brian Adams - Reckless - Huge Keith Scott fan
The Cult - Sonic Temple
ACDC - Back in Black
The Police - Synchronicity
White Lion - Pride - Vito is Awesome! wish he'd come back into the scene.

NRBQ

Reaction score
Some more I love

Billy Squier - Don't Say No
J Geils Band - Freeze Frame
Violent Femmes
Tom Petty and the HB's - Pack up the Plantation Live - Another awesome live album
Def Leppard - Hysteria - Yeah I know... but there's some great Steve Clark riffs on this.... Go listen to Gods of War
Brian Adams - Reckless - Huge Keith Scott fan
The Cult - Sonic Temple
ACDC - Back in Black
The Police - Synchronicity
White Lion - Pride - Vito is Awesome! wish he'd come back into the scene.
This guy? Dance Billy Dance, Prance Billy Prance, you can do it Billy, do it for the man Billy, oh Billy Billy Billy say it ain't so Billy. Trust me Billy I'm your manager, I'd wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction. Mark my words, it's gonna be a huge hit, a real career boost, would I lie to you?

No really this actually happened. Behold the end of a career.

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I can still remember having conversations with friends back then about how much we hated the whole spandex thing, the makeup, the hair, all of it. It just didn't work for us, visually or musically. I couldn't even imagine wearing those types of outfits, we were jeans and t shirts type of people, denim jackets timberline boots and those wallets with chains. Not tough guys, but just regular guys that weren't playing games with masculinity and feminism, just guys.
The image and the music were a huge turnoff. The gawdawful ballads....especially about children, were turgid, over-produced and ridiculous when matched with the image.

Gilmour's Knob

Reaction score
Whitesnake? Great White? White Lion? White Stripes? White Zombie? Average White Band? Whitey Bulger? Betty White? Reggie White? Black Sabbath? Black Flag? The Black Keys? Black Eyed Peas? Luis Black? Green Day? Moody Blues? Blue Oyster Cult? Shocking Blue? Pink Floyd? Red Hot Chilli Peppers? Simply Red? Deep Purple? Regular Purple? Maroon 5? King Crimson? Cream? Golden Earing?
This guy?
yep... that video killed his career but i got no shame LOL..

i've been known to crank up some Squier

Last edited:

Bluesky

Reaction score
Everything Stevie Ray Vaughn......

That covers about 7-8

ZZ TOP Eliminator

Black Sabbath Heaven & Hell/ Mob Rules

Ozzy/ Blizzard and Diary

Heart Shaped World Chris Isaak

Last edited:

NRBQ

Reaction score
So I just wanted to mention, what a great thread this has turned out to be, and I've still got the best list on here. Sorry Charlies, it's not even close.

DavGrape

Reaction score
X - Under The Big Black Sun
XTC - Skylarking
Bob Mould - Workbook

DEVO - New Traditionalists
Ramones - End of the Century
Roxy Music - Avalon

Go-Go's - Beauty and the Beat
Dukes of Stratosphere - Psonic Psunspot
Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True

NRBQ

Reaction score
X - Under The Big Black Sun
XTC - Skylarking
Bob Mould - Workbook

DEVO - New Traditionalists
Ramones - End of the Century
Roxy Music - Avalon

Go-Go's - Beauty and the Beat
Dukes of Stratosphere - Psonic Psunspot
Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
Which one's Milli and which one's Vanilli?

Tanner

Reaction score
1. Tears For Fears - Songs From The Big Chair
2. Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
3. The Cure - Disintegration
4. My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
5. New Order - Technique
6. The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
7. Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz
8. Naked Eyes - Burning Bridges
9. Galaxie 500 - On Fire
10. Echo & The Bunnymen - Self Titled

NRBQ

Reaction score
Wow The Stains, that really sucked sweaty balls. It's almost as if they've never played their instruments before.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Wow The Stains, that really sucked sweaty balls. It's almost as if they've never played their instruments before.
N, -DUMB ZIT TEENAGE ROMP STUFF- -EVERY guitarist on this stinkin forum could learn from these guys.Oh Steve Morse!Oh Joe B! Oh.........yeah..............how thrilling

NRBQ

Reaction score
N, -DUMB ZIT TEENAGE ROMP STUFF- -EVERY guitarist on this stinkin forum could learn from these guys.Oh Steve Morse!Oh Joe B! Oh.........yeah..............how thrilling
I was just playing around, not to be taken seriously, you know I'm a kidder. It still sucked balls though.

Latest Threads