Your Thanksgiving Cluster Fk.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Mine was pretty somber but wonderful. We drove up here to Cleveland to spend it with my wife’s family because her mom went into a nursing home and wasn’t feeling very happy about it, we invited the whole family to come over to her place and about 18 of us celebrated a great day and there was enough food the feed all the homeless in Cleveland.

My dad hasn’t been feeling well due to some liver issues and last evening he passed away. We didn’t have the all american father son relationship due to some bad decisions both of us made in our lives but it still stings a bit.

Thanksgiving was wonderful, Black Friday not so much
Sorry to hear of your loss, JTM. Losing a family member on or near a holiday tends to scar all future ones. Take care of family in this difficult time and keep your chin up, brother.

I Break Things

Reaction score
Mine was pretty somber but wonderful. We drove up here to Cleveland to spend it with my wife’s family because her mom went into a nursing home and wasn’t feeling very happy about it, we invited the whole family to come over to her place and about 18 of us celebrated a great day and there was enough food the feed all the homeless in Cleveland.

My dad hasn’t been feeling well due to some liver issues and last evening he passed away. We didn’t have the all american father son relationship due to some bad decisions both of us made in our lives but it still stings a bit.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing someone.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had a fine unmasked dinner with my son's family. 15+. Being a one-armed guy, I brought my Armitron watch and a battery and asked him to change it. It took him about 20mins to pop the back and install the battery. Popping the back back on took a little longer. All I could hear was hammering. Thus all those dents. It still wouldn't seat. He finally got a large socket. I heard a really loud hammer hit and Bob's your uncle. I will wear this watch until the battery dies and then put it a drawer. :rofl: :hippie:

What the holy hell?

Hammers on a watch?

Remember that old Aamco commercial , where two chimpanzees in mechanics overalls are beating on a transmission with axe handles, the boss with cigar is on the phone, "yeah, I've got two of my best guys on it right now.."

Yeah, that.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
drove up to new port richey

You could have died right then. I think drivers license, traffic signals/signs, turn signals, brake lights, and shit are just suggestions there....

Wife is from Largo and we used to take 19 down way back until it became red light HELL... and Blind Folks Stunt Driving Test Area.....

I was sitting in southbound in NPR with shopping centers on left and right of 19.... An old lady in a big ass old Caddy decided she wanted to leave the east side shopping center and cross over to the west side shopping center....

Some points of information:
  1. There was NO exit there from the east shopping center parking lot.
  2. There was NO entrance to the west shopping center parking lot there.
  3. N/S traffic was stopped for the red light.
  4. There was no intersection where she wanted to cross over.

She drove over the curb grass and curb on east side, drove across traffic, across median, and across where cars were stopped southbound for light with everybody trying to get out her damn way and then drove over the curb and grass and curb into the west parking lot.... Did not look to side (or anywhere) or slow down or even seem to acknowledge she was jumping curbs and shit with the Caddy jumping up and down making a hella racket....

That's just ONE stupid human event witnessed in NPR and PR.... My ass used to draw up when 19 made that soft curve just coming into NPR.... It'd draw up to about my neck....

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear, bud... Good juju and thoughts your way.....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I have no immediate fam here so we drove up a couple hours to daughter-in-law's grandfather's farm from hell out in the middle of nowhere (like a freaking compound) .... They have a good size bunch of relatives in area and they've accepted my son and us as true family, my daughter and fam came down too from ATL area which was nice.... Had a good bit of good country cooking vittles and brisket, ham, and smoked turkey.... Enjoyed it.... Went back into town and the hotel.... Daughter's crew had rooms next to us so they came into our suite TG evening and then son and DIL showed up... It was nice but almost torture everybody trying to stay awake being so full of vittles... Kinda funny......

Son did little sliders with sliced smoked sausage with a cabbage type slaw and some dressing he made....a new thing he's adding the menu at the restaurant, probably for Sun brunch... Long strips of greens in it that looked pickled and maybe steamed..Odd at first thought but dayum....

So many different dishes I had to naturally step up and verify food safety by sampling everything (except the Beetus dishes)... There were four or five different dressing variations there.... Every veg known to man including rutabagas.... It was tough but I declared all foods safe.... ;)

Had a great time but was happy to get back home to my recliner....

redcoats1976

Reaction score
You could have died right then. I think drivers license, traffic signals/signs, turn signals, brake lights, and shit are just suggestions there....

Wife is from Largo and we used to take 19 down way back until it became red light HELL... and Blind Folks Stunt Driving Test Area.....

I was sitting in southbound in NPR with shopping centers on left and right of 19.... An old lady in a big ass old Caddy decided she wanted to leave the east side shopping center and cross over to the west side shopping center....

Some points of information:
  1. There was NO exit there from the east shopping center parking lot.
  2. There was NO entrance to the west shopping center parking lot there.
  3. N/S traffic was stopped for the red light.
  4. There was no intersection where she wanted to cross over.

She drove over the curb grass and curb on east side, drove across traffic, across median, and across where cars were stopped southbound for light with everybody trying to get out her damn way and then drove over the curb and grass and curb into the west parking lot.... Did not look to side (or anywhere) or slow down or even seem to acknowledge she was jumping curbs and shit with the Caddy jumping up and down making a hella racket....

That's just ONE stupid human event witnessed in NPR and PR.... My ass used to draw up when 19 made that soft curve just coming into NPR.... It'd draw up to about my neck....
yep,NPR is a bad town.i really dont like mom driving to shop and all,and it plays hell on her caddy...

Latest Threads