Your Prized Possession (Non-Guitar)

DotStudio

Reaction score
Inspired by what I thought TheX's previous thread was going to be about...

What is your non guitar-related prized possession? I'll go first.

Autographed Hank Aaron Rookie
20170623_102637.png

Back Story:
My dad bought this in the 80's for $20 and had it signed in person. Growing up, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I'd always bring my friends over and show it off to them.

Before my dad passed away last year (thanks to MLP btw for giving me a place to keep my mind off things), he sold off all of his stuff to pay for bills and set my mom up the best he could. When it came to this card (and a few other things), I couldn't bear to see it go. He wanted to just give it to me, but that defeated the purpose. He and my mom got a lot more than $20 out of it.

Baseball was always our shared interest from day one. He was even my coach throughout my youth. It's not only a really cool collectable, but will always be around to remind me of all our time together.

Your turn. And feel free to be a lot more lighthearted than me :wave: It can really be anything.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ok so I don't ruin the thread and music equipment is off the table I'll go with my computers.

I feel like I'd go crazy if I didn't have them and my books.

They're replaceable but not easily replaceable since I can't just afford to go buy new ones if something happened to them. So I guess they're 'prized.'

and I use them for everything from learning and study, to social stuff (MLP), to games sometimes, to tools, to...hopefully being good enough at them to start a new career,..so they're pretty important. If something happened to them and I woke up tomorrow and they didn't work I'd feel pretty gutted. (especially because I can't just run up to Best Buy and get new ones.)

If I could easily afford to replace them they probably wouldn't seem as important. But I can't so they do.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
My kids...by far and without question. Nothing else really matters all that much.

That's no slam on those that do have material things they value. Just my personal situation. In order to keep the thread interesting, feel free to post those things. It's all good!

Crotch

Triggered
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My golf clubs probably. Just bought them late last year. Spent way too much on them.

My latest thing I like is my limited edition framed concert poster and tickets from the Madison Square Garden Eric Clapton concert in March.

20170413_192833.jpg

20170405_142336.jpg

Poster from the last Srv show too (well shit I had to edit that one cause of political reasons so nevermind)-Ok its cropped out now....

20170623_102514.jpg

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'll play along...

I have a watch. It's a Rolex DateJust that I bought for myself many years ago. The reason was, I told myself that when I became a VP I wanted to own a Rolex. It was a tribute of pride and accomplishment for me and a remembrance of the moment.

fry

Reaction score
It's all just stuff, I can't think of anything that means that much to me, or that can't be replaced. It's all for sale! I guess if the house was on fire, and I was going to grab something on the way out, I would probably grab my framed Les Paul autograph. It would be easy to carry out of the house, and is not replaceable. Everything else can probably burn.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
One day man, I want riding lessons from The Blingonator. :dude:

...or Rob. But he's like 5 states away while Bling is sorta next door. I think a day or two hanging out with Bling would be quite the experience.

If I'm really lucky we can blow sht up with flaming arrows like The Duke Boys!

"BoomShakaLaka!"

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
One day man, I want riding lessons from The Blingonator. :dude:

...or Rob. But he's like 5 states away while Bling is sorta next door. I think a day or two hanging out with Bling would be quite the experience.

If I'm really lucky we can blow sht up with flaming arrows like The Duke Boys!

"BoomShakaLaka!"
we can do this sometime for real!

i can ride the bike and you can ride the atv!

and yeah we can blow some shit up.... we are in the sticks, no one will care.

Latest Threads