Your influences as a player

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
Toy Caldwell of the Marshall Tucker Band, Dickey Betts, Ritchie Blackmore and Michael Schenker.

Swedish girls, Asian girls. Chateau Margaux 1982.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
I like to steal stuff from all over the place. But as many of my idols do as well, I end up mostly sounding like I just rip off T Bone Walker and Chuck Berry.....

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Tony Iommi, Ron Asheton, Johnny Ramone, Malcolm Young, Kevin Starrs (Uncle Acid), Terry Kath, Eddie Hazel, Jimi Hendrix.

scott 351 wins

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Dave Murray/Adrian Smith, SRV, Albert King, Randy Rhoads, Gary Moore, Billy Gibbons, Ace Frehley. There's more just on a lesser degree.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
I would have to say as of lately primarily Gibbons... there are many others such but the Reverend is a direct influence on my playing and tone. always been a blues fan.. my hands can’t handle the fast technical playing of some artists... a lot of times those runs of 100 notes in a 5 seconds never appealed to me anyhow..it’s definitely impressive but I’d rather some soulful blues licks instead...

When I was younger and just starting out I had aspirations of playing old school Metallica night and day. Still love to play that stuff but as I’ve gotten older and closing in on 40... classic tones get my juices flowing.

John Ucol

Reaction score
Michael Romeo (Symphony X), Augustin Barrios Mangore, Darkest Hour, Jari Mäenpää, Syu, In Flames, Adam Dutkiewicz, Randy Rhoads, Andy McKee

Jimi Hendrix influenced me to to skip or even turn off the radio station playing his stuff, at the time, and find something more interesting. :laugh2:

C_Becker

Dat Gibson smell
Reaction score
I guess my two biggest influences are James Hetfield and Jon Schaffer. All about that tight right hand, the chugs and the gallops. Not that I'm anywhere near those two, but I'll keep trying for sure.

Rds

Reaction score
For me it was page, Nugent, Rhoades, iomi, Angus young, and the list would go on and on.

Rotorhead

Reaction score
Fir me it's always been the rhythm/ boogie/ riff guys. People like Keith, Kim Simmons, Malcolm, Iommi, Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt, Dave Peverett and Rod Price, Fast Eddie, Joan Jett, Ritchie Ranno, Chick Berry (of course), Nugent, Paul and Ace, Cub Koda, J Geils, Joe and Brad, Steve Mariott, Joey Ramone, Michael Schenker, etc etc.

Those guys left the biggest mark on my playing. As well, many of the others like Page, Blackmore, Townshend, Clapton, Beck, etc, and too the NWOBHM guys, they also have their place.

I've never really identified, playing-wise, with people like Malmsteen, etc. I was and never will be that good.

It's always been the guys or gals that can get up and create that simple boogie or riff colored with their own signature sound and flair. They create that swell of movement within your soul and carry you down that musical stream.