Your idea of a perfect guitar solo

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
The end solo on Rosana
The solos on Hotel California
Jay Graydon's solo on Peg
All the solos on Don't Take Me Alive
Every solo Larry Carlton ever played :) (same for Robben Ford)

Oh yea, and a big honorable mention for the solo at the end of The Tubes "Talk To Ya Later"

Last edited:

Southwest

Reaction score
Some fantastic choices here. Can I add (sorry - I don't know how to embed video):

Walter Trout Band - Girl from the North-country (the studio version from Prisoner of a Dream).

Another nail for my heart - Squeeze

And of course the one and only Gary Moore - Still got the Blues (or frankly any solo he played - just jaw-dropping).

For a bit of context, my idea of the perfect guitar solo is one that takes the essence of the song and builds it, making both the song and the solo better. A kind of 2+2=5 if you get what I mean.

PeteK

Reaction score
I clicked for her leg.
First time I heard that song, it was because I saw that picture on the side panel of YouTube. Honestly, I'd never even heard of Snowy White, but that's some damn clever click bait! I was pleasantly surprised that the song was actually really good :laugh2:

Deftone

Reaction score
Brian Robertson Motorhead. The end solo starting at 3:00.....

• Love
Reactions: SFK

Deftone

Reaction score
I was at Tower Theatre Philly HIGH ASLSD---saw first Dio tour-his solo-HOLY RANDY R!
My 1st concert, DIO Oakland Colesseum1984.

I know it's obvious, but very few songs hit me harder than this one. And the solo still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up.

Deftone

Reaction score
Even if you've seen these before, you owe it to yourself to watch them again....

Latest Threads