Your idea of a perfect guitar solo

joba

Reaction score
First Album I ever bought. The reason why I started playing at fifty. Ten years in.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
That nothing but the blues piece was then best thing he ever did. I still don't know why they never released it. Believe it was Scorsese.

• Love
Reactions: Who

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
This whole song is a fuckin masterpiece. I still think its the single best piece of music he has put together. From Guitar, to vocals, lyrics, band.......And its live with no room for error.

Solo

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not just the solo, but the guitar work throughout this song is amazing. It's just genius.

If you think back to the time that this was recorded. NOBODY was doing anything like Pink Floyd or even could for that matter.
The band was just masterful. 50 years later, no band has even come close to magic of Pink Floyd.

Gilmour (to me) is the grandmaster of guitar and always will be. Not one guitarist has ever moved me or invoked the feelings that he has. Absolute genius in every respect of music making. :)

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you think back to the time that this was recorded. NOBODY was doing anything like Pink Floyd or even could for that matter.
The band was just masterful. 50 years later, no band has even come close to magic of Pink Floyd.

Gilmour (to me) is the grandmaster of guitar and always will be. Not one guitarist has ever moved me or invoked the feelings that he has. Absolute genius in every respect of music making. :)

I have to agree, Bigfoot. Gilmour's big bends and soaring lead is unique. He is the grandmaster! One of my favorite moods is to listen to DSOTM in a dimly lit room watching the tube glow from my monoblocks. I never tire of listening to PF.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, Bigfoot. Gilmour's big bends and soaring lead is unique. He is the grandmaster! One of my favorite moods is to listen to DSOTM in a dimly lit room watching the tube glow from my monoblocks. I never tire of listening to PF.
I enjoy watching "reaction" videos on youtube to watch people experience DSOTM for the first time. Every reaction is the same. Absolute awe! Not one person can listen to it without closing their eyes and getting lost in it. :)

Best album ever recorded (arguably).

The writing, recording, mixing, fidelity and the wonderful music. It is what I measure all other albums to.

I've listened to the album hundreds of times and it still gives me shivers when I do.

There's nothing like it on this world. :)

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I enjoy watching "reaction" videos on youtube to watch people experience DSOTM for the first time. Every reaction is the same. Absolute awe! Not one person can listen to it without closing their eyes and getting lost in it. :)

Best album ever recorded (arguably).

The writing, recording, mixing, fidelity and the wonderful music. It is what I measure all other albums to.

I've listened to the album hundreds of times and it still gives me shivers when I do.

There's nothing like it on this world. :)

We're kindred spirits. I feel the same way. I still remember the first time I heard DSOTM. I was a Freshman in college at a gathering at an off-campus apartment. DSOTM was shaking the walls through a pair of JBL L-88 speakers. It was an epiphany for me. I was Dorothy in black & white walking out of the house to see OZ in blazing color.

I routinely listen to DSOTM and Meddle. I really enjoy the other PF albums, but they don't have the same affect. The Wall is a close third place.

Latest Threads