Your favourite used dealer?

catstrat

Reaction score
Hey all,

**Mods: apologies if this thread breaks guidelines, Im asking for recommendations not dealer spam**

I have a hankering for a used R7 Goldie but unfortunately I live in Australia where guitar choice and pricing is....lets just say disappointing.

I'm happy to import from a reputable US dealer, so I was hoping for recommendations. Got one you can vouch for? Give them a shout out.

PS. Before you helpful Lester lovers remind me of import duties, yes I know I'll have to pay taxes / duties but a well priced guitar in America + duties usually still comes in a lot cheaper than a locally acquired one assuming you can even find a decent historic for sale in Australia.

JMP

Reaction score
I can recommend Sweetwater and Chicago Music Exchange. Both are solid and very reputable. Good luck with your GT hunt. Keep us posted!

peterjc

Reaction score
Hey all,

**Mods: apologies if this thread breaks guidelines, Im asking for recommendations not dealer spam**

I have a hankering for a used R7 Goldie but unfortunately I live in Australia where guitar choice and pricing is....lets just say disappointing.

I'm happy to import from a reputable US dealer, so I was hoping for recommendations. Got one you can vouch for? Give them a shout out.

PS. Before you helpful Lester lovers remind me of import duties, yes I know I'll have to pay taxes / duties but a well priced guitar in America + duties usually still comes in a lot cheaper than a locally acquired one assuming you can even find a decent historic for sale in Australia.
Hey man I was doing the same thing but found nothing that was going to be a reasonable deal once here in Oz! The prices on reverb were ridiculous especially...
I did end up finding one here in Australia and probably paid a bit too much ($4600) but still better than what I could find overseas. It’s a great axe though so very happy. I wish you well in your hunt.

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mark's Guitar Loft
Dave's
Grinning Elk
Chicago Music Exchange
Eddie's

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another vote for Mark's. Otherwise I prefer private used sales.

catstrat

Reaction score
Really appreciating the recommendations guys, thank you. Ive got a little list together to peruse every now and again.

Private purchases internationally can be a bit sketchy, thats not to cast aspersions on any of the members here, unless its a member who is well known as a bit of a "dealer" then I'd be more likely to steer clear.

uncajoey

Reaction score
Guitar Shop Taiwan sells historics and select USA models at very sane prices, and packs their goods exceedingly carefully. Great follow up, too. Recommended.

pjholland

Reaction score
Another vote here for Mark's Guitar Loft. Got my R8 earlier this year. It was exactly as advertised for a reasonable price.

Gold Tone

Reaction score
Without ANY hesitation I recommend HIGHLY Mark’s 1st!

A close 2nd is Dave’s

3rd was Private reserve if they’re still doing that

in the old days Music Machine was amazing

Latest Threads