Your favorite "other" Gibson?

kookaburra

Reaction score
I've had a few SGs through the years, but my fave non LP Gibson would be an early 80s Explorer reissue of what I believe was a 59, uncertain at this point. Looked great, hung and played great, and, wait for it....like an idiot, I sold it.

This isn't mine, but you get the picture.

1983-gibson-explorer-natural-1.jpg

bum

Reaction score
Here's another pic of me and my 335, man I can't explain how good this guitar is to me, it has my back at all times.

foc1212.jpg

This was the room I was facing, so your guitar has to do what it is meant to, every time, and this one does.

IMG_3618.jpeg

mdubya

Reaction score
I played my ES 330 last night and it was about the only thing that brought me great joy yesterday.

Played the NR Firebird the night before, messing around with the Colorsound Overdriver. That was a good night, too.

My guitars are my escape from the other bullsh!t.

gball

Reaction score
Until fairly recently I would have answered my SG's, but for the last couple of months I have been gravitating more and more to my Firebird. So much so that I just picked up a second 'bird this week.

parts

Reaction score
Ordered this new 11/1966.. I worked a NAMM for CMI and was given a one off GA75 Recording Amp..and told I could order "anything" at dealer cost. So Custom ordered neck..different values in Varitone..and the only Walnut 355 for several years..per Jon Sutherland..

Picked it up at Kalamazoo and actually saw it a couple times while being made..(3 months)

Last edited: