your favorite les paul XD

dormientes

Reaction score
though it would be nice if you guys just share your insights 'bout your own favorite les ^^

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hey gallard! :applause: you rock XD thanks man!!! :)

mine would be the Limited Edition Gibson Les Paul Standard in Manhattan Midnight finish :D .. the one that Alex has.. (the moderator) :naughty:

:hippie:

GuitarGal

Reaction score
though it would be nice if you guys just share your insights 'bout your own favorite les ^^
:wave: dormientes~

Welcome here~ :rock:

Actually, I don't have or own one~ just love guitars and enjoys being around here~ :D

Jiffzillla

Reaction score
Beyond thinking of obvious choices such as iconic guitars that have wormed their way into guitar legend (Jimmy Page's LP, Zakk Wylde's Signature LP, Ace Frehley and any number of LPs he has played, Etc...), I really have to say that my favorite Les Paul is, in fact, mine. I have a 2005 LP Standard LE in that gorgeous Manhattan Midnight finish. I remember walking into Guitar Center and seeing it on the wall. It was all the way on the top rack and was way out of reach. Just as well as I was just in the store to pick up some strings and cables. It was beautiful, but I was trying to save money at the time. I reasoned that it would be too much trouble and take too much time to get a salesperson to pull it down. I bought my strings and cables and left. But then something funny happened... Over the next week, I kept thinking of the guitar. Fighting the urge to go see it again and play it. One evening, in a moment of weakness, I went back to Guitar Center. Thinking that the guitar was far too pretty to not have been snatched up by someone else, I figured that I would get there only to find the guitar gone. Needless to say, it was still there. I got a salesperson to bring it down off the wall for me. I found myself sort of hoping that it would play terribly. Trying to find a reason not to buy it. (Still trying to save money) But it didn't play terribly. It played like butter. It growled, it moaned, it screamed. It was awesome! I always knew I'd own a LP, I just figured it would be another year or two. Not so. It was to be that day. Took it to the counter, not before getting a better deal than was on the tag, and whipped out the checkbook. Total bliss ever since....although I would like to play a Joe Perry Boneyard LP and see if I can fall in love again. :naughty: Sorry if this was a bit long winded, but it's a love story. LOL

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Beyond thinking of obvious choices such as iconic guitars that have wormed their way into guitar legend (Jimmy Page's LP, Zakk Wylde's Signature LP, Ace Frehley and any number of LPs he has played, Etc...), I really have to say that my favorite Les Paul is, in fact, mine. I have a 2005 LP Standard LE in that gorgeous Manhattan Midnight finish. I remember walking into Guitar Center and seeing it on the wall. It was all the way on the top rack and was way out of reach. Just as well as I was just in the store to pick up some strings and cables. It was beautiful, but I was trying to save money at the time. I reasoned that it would be too much trouble and take too much time to get a salesperson to pull it down. I bought my strings and cables and left. But then something funny happened... Over the next week, I kept thinking of the guitar. Fighting the urge to go see it again and play it. One evening, in a moment of weakness, I went back to Guitar Center. Thinking that the guitar was far too pretty to not have been snatched up by someone else, I figured that I would get there only to find the guitar gone. Needless to say, it was still there. I got a salesperson to bring it down off the wall for me. I found myself sort of hoping that it would play terribly. Trying to find a reason not to buy it. (Still trying to save money) But it didn't play terribly. It played like butter. It growled, it moaned, it screamed. It was awesome! I always knew I'd own a LP, I just figured it would be another year or two. Not so. It was to be that day. Took it to the counter, not before getting a better deal than was on the tag, and whipped out the checkbook. Total bliss ever since....although I would like to play a Joe Perry Boneyard LP and see if I can fall in love again. :naughty: Sorry if this was a bit long winded, but it's a love story. LOL
ooohhh we have the same favorite! nice choice! :applause:

Scarlet

Reaction score
Hi Jase, is your favorite - the Limited Edition Gibson Les Paul Standard in Manhattan Midnight, the one in your avatar?

Scarlet

Reaction score
Hi Jase, is your favorite - the Limited Edition Gibson Les Paul Standard in Manhattan Midnight, the one in your avatar?

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
nope ma.. this is a Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus in Midnight Burst finish with Zebra Pickups.

THIS is the Manhattan Midnight LP Standard LE

:thumb: :hippie:

dormientes

Reaction score
haha I dont have a specific favorite...its just something about that guitar that would have to make me like it and i really dont mind the reason why XD

Jiffzillla

Reaction score
Thanks, Midnightdreamer. Yes , we do have the same favorite! There's just so many things to love about this guitar. Things that set it apart from the rest of the pack visually. The white binding, the nickel hardware, the ebony fretboard, and that sweet shade of blue. The one in your pic you posted has a very nice flame to it as well. Mine has a nice flame on the back end, but gets kind of swirly and cloudy in between the pickups. I actually love the way it looks like that. some people would be upset that it's not flame over the whole top, but I like my clouds. :) If you ever have a chance to get your hands on one of these, by all means, do so. You will not be disappointed!

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Those Limited Pauls are so beautiful. I'm not a fan of the orange one as much as I am of the Manhattan Midnight and the Pacific one...

I think I need to get one... are they still being made? Haven't seen em at Long and Macquade for a while...

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Midnightdreamer. Yes , we do have the same favorite! There's just so many things to love about this guitar. Things that set it apart from the rest of the pack visually. The white binding, the nickel hardware, the ebony fretboard, and that sweet shade of blue. The one in your pic you posted has a very nice flame to it as well. Mine has a nice flame on the back end, but gets kind of swirly and cloudy in between the pickups. I actually love the way it looks like that. some people would be upset that it's not flame over the whole top, but I like my clouds. :) If you ever have a chance to get your hands on one of these, by all means, do so. You will not be disappointed!
i reaally wish i could, but i think it's gonna be pretty hard finding one still out there.. :(

Jiffzillla

Reaction score
They're still for sale on the Musician's Friend website. Hate to buy a guitar without playing it, but if that's the only way... Thankful I got to play mine before purchase!:)

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They're still for sale on the Musician's Friend website. Hate to buy a guitar without playing it, but if that's the only way... Thankful I got to play mine before purchase!:)
yeah you're right.. but for now, i can't afford it.. still dreaming :rofl:

(thus my username) :D

loneguitar

Reaction score
I love the reissues VOS 60 would be my choice if I could afford it

Latest Threads