Your Effects Pedalboard !!! Pics !!!

efstop

What the hell's wrong with you?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When and how this pic was taken man.. I can barely see anything :)

Digitech RP series was phenomenal at their time.. my guitar teacher had RP10 20+ years ago and it was a mile ahead of other multi effects at that time
That was taken with a DSLP - Digital Single Lens Potato :)

JPummil

Reaction score
Have my setup mostly sorted now...still a bit of cable cleanup to do. But I'm loving it! Lower pedals go "in the front" while chorus, flanger, delay, and reverb go into the FX loop.

082122a.jpg

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
Okay, a few changes for my board recently. I managed to pick up an old EHX Electric Mistress Deluxe, the pots date it to 1979 and it's in really good condition overall considering it's only two years younger than I am...

1803773978.jpg

I messaged my Dad last night and said I have bought this for him, think he was quite touched by the gesture. I owe him one from nearly three decades ago, he had one of the original mid 70's green font ones that I ended up ruining by me spilling beer all over it. You can see it here on top of the god awful Carlsbro Stingray head that's lying on the floor
:?

HUGBJEal.jpg

From doing quite a bit of reading up online it's this late 70's Deluxe model that seems to be the best of the bunch, I'll take it with me when I visit the UK again next April. I had it on my board last week and just wow! I have since picked up a Strymon to fill the void but the Electric Mistress is on a different level and really is something else. It’s so liquidy smooth, and while I like both of them the EHX absolutely has something about it that the Strymon lacks. I'll finish up with a final couple of pics, the EHX is already off the board and packed up for my Dad

file.php

file.php

integra evan

Reaction score
New setup for me:
Signal chain is:
Dunlop mini volume pedal
EHX tuner
Benson preamp
DSM/Humboldt Simplifier DLX, and in the effects loop of that is:
Wampler Terraform
Walrus Audio D1 Delay
Empress Reverb

Clean look courtesy of some Daddario flat cable patches

Mounted on a Fender board with a Fender Engine Room lvl8 power supply

Fun sounds!

20220911_215908_copy_3024x2268.jpg

kelsodeez

Reaction score
My first pedal board. I've always just used my ME50 for gigs since it's easy to setup, but when I started consistently using a looper and a boost pedal, then I started stacking overdrives, then I needed a switched compression, I decided it was time to build my first board. I'm pretty proud of it.

Screenshot_20220912-090204_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220912-090303_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220912-090659_Gallery.jpg

Reaction score
At last night's gig, some guitarist asked if they could see my pedalboard. They couldn't believe that I got great sounds from my old Digitech RP-1, RP-12 and 2112 SGS. They thought I was using a Kemper and Helix .
20220903_220011.jpg
20220903_215925.jpg

tjdjr1

Reaction score
I'm pretty simple.. Wah pedal, mojo mojo, plethora wireless, rig..

Attachments

• IMG_20220919_110052_3.jpg
    IMG_20220919_110052_3.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220919_110155_3.jpg
    IMG_20220919_110155_3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 11

TXOldRedRocker

Tech pays the bills. Not a fan of tech.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do you like the TC Electronics Plethora x3??
Its something that intrigues me,but im not huge fan of many TC Electronic pedals

Yes, it's relatively small for having hundreds and hundreds of combinations, with thousands of settings, in 3 pedals, with Mash technology..

Red Beard

Reaction score
Yes, it's relatively small for having hundreds and hundreds of combinations, with thousands of settings, in 3 pedals, with Mash technology..

So its worth the price to play?
As in it does a good job of replacing the glue that binds a good pedal board,,reverb,delay,chorus,etc etc?

Im using a Quilter power block 45 now as my gig rig slash back up,tryn to cut down on the clutter and have power amp and pedals on one small board mated up with my angled 2x12 and my hardtail Charvel for a real easy but good sounding portable set up
One small cab and a pedal board bag strapped to the guitar case with everything in it should be easy to bring anywhere and still sound good be easy to secure and using the hardtail even broken strings are quick,im thinking is the bullet proof rig
If i can get my reverb,delay and chorus in one pedal then a OD,tuner and little Quilter should all fit on my Metro,id be golden!
I mean im coming from NY Hardcore seen back in the day,4x12,(sometimes 2 4x12s)Peavey 6505,loaded Metro and nano,gym bag full of cords and power strips,2 floyd’d guitars and guitar stands
Noway would i do that nowdays so my goal is to go as spartan as possible
Whats funny is back in the day i had reg cab toyota pick up carting everything around and nowdays my daily driver is a Sprinter van(im on my 3rd one)and i want a rig i can fit in the back of a Mini Cooper
Blah blah blah,,,less is more in the 21st century

TXOldRedRocker

Tech pays the bills. Not a fan of tech.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So its worth the price to play?
As in it does a good job of replacing the glue that binds a good pedal board,,reverb,delay,chorus,etc etc?

Im using a Quilter power block 45 now as my gig rig slash back up,tryn to cut down on the clutter and have power amp and pedals on one small board mated up with my angled 2x12 and my hardtail Charvel for a real easy but good sounding portable set up
One small cab and a pedal board bag strapped to the guitar case with everything in it should be easy to bring anywhere and still sound good be easy to secure and using the hardtail even broken strings are quick,im thinking is the bullet proof rig
If i can get my reverb,delay and chorus in one pedal then a OD,tuner and little Quilter should all fit on my Metro,id be golden!
I mean im coming from NY Hardcore seen back in the day,4x12,(sometimes 2 4x12s)Peavey 6505,loaded Metro and nano,gym bag full of cords and power strips,2 floyd’d guitars and guitar stands
Noway would i do that nowdays so my goal is to go as spartan as possible
Whats funny is back in the day i had reg cab toyota pick up carting everything around and nowdays my daily driver is a Sprinter van(im on my 3rd one)and i want a rig i can fit in the back of a Mini Cooper
Blah blah blah,,,less is more in the 21st century

Based on what you said, I would say yes. I'm not an ambient player. I play Classic Rock and blues. So I use basic modulation, nothing spacey, etc. So I couldn't say how well it does way out ambience compared to other setups. But since you seem to use basic modulation with heavier tones than me, I can say with confidence it will work well for that.

Of course, it may be great for ultra ambient as well, I just haven't tried that very much. Not my thing.

BTW, it wants 600mA. I have two Plethora X3's. On one board, I have an outlet for > 600mA, no problem. On the other board, I'm using a Y combiner power cable. Plugged into two of the power supply outlets to get me over 600mA.

Red Beard

Reaction score
Thanks,,,,good heads up on power input/output
Nowdays im just a rock n roller player,,,i can resort to my roots for fun but im much much more of a crunchy blues player nowday
And i play on neck single coil more then humbuckers
I use a healthy amount of reverb and season my sound with little delay and pinch of chorus
I prefer a transparent OD,,,and i like a tight controled tone
Soooo alot different then my younger days,and ive learned to be open to different effects because as i grow and explore as a player the things i never woulda tryd or liked back in the day ive learned to understand the possibility in it all
So ya never know,,,but i think its time to try a Plethora out
But i will say i like the x3 and the x5 might not be as useful to me
Thanks for the info again,,,i trust fellow pickers on certain forums more then the interweb players and i never thought you get the true tone tryn things out in a store

Latest Threads