Your Effects Pedalboard !!! Pics !!!

Les Paulverizer

Reaction score
Here’s a pic of my pedalboard, ready for Summer gigs, everything powered by a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2plus, fitted underneath, except the Wah Wah, a late 60s/early 70s Vox which Roger Mayer himself modded for me: basically the little switch on the right in the “down” position gives you a slightly darker wah, which I actually like very much.
He said “I did this mod to Jimi’s wah’s“: if he says so...
Anyway, this ‘board literally fills all my needs, plus some.
07D92B39-7917-48C3-BFFE-A891BF5DFE05.jpeg

Last edited:

Mockbel

Reaction score
It never ends guys... it will never end
Now the MXR Smart Gate is back at the beginning of chain.. new high gain preamp pedal purchased (AMT R2) and another one is on the way (AMT B1)..
29F13430-3554-4678-8DC9-E80E68FAFE7A.jpeg

The B1 will replace the R2 and stay on the home board and the R2 will be my jamming partner as it has 2 channels and cab sim.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
Guitar → Boss GE-7 → Wilson Dual Lotus → Boss MD-500 → Strymon Volante → Laney LH50R

Had a spare 30mins this morning so ended up putting the GE-7 into the mix, interestingly it sounds the best being first in the signal chain. I'd assumed it would slot in after the overdrive but nah

Found a site that dates old Boss pedals, turns out this GE-7 was made in April 1986. Knew it was an older one but didn't think that it was 33 years old

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
Was running the pedalboard into the Laney but something didn't quite sound right to my ears. Had the afternoon free so I had a play around with the pedal order and decided to add in the Snouse BlackBox for an extra gain stage. Suddenly occurred to me that I should try it into the AC30...

WHOA, what a sound. Much better :applause:

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Decided to up my board size and get the PSU underneath so I can spread stuff out more. Would really have liked one of those Schmidt Array boards but they’re just too darned expensive so I’ve gone for a Warwick Rockboard which seems very solidly made.

It’s the Cinque 5.3 which is slightly bigger than i really need but means I can fit a GigRig Quartermaster 8 (or a 10, if I lose the expression pedal) later which is something I’m considering so hopefully future proof.

New board means new pedals, too! Which are an EHX expression hooked up to the Bellwether (set to Repeats for oscillation and swells) plus a Earthquaker Erupter (spectacular sounding fuzz!!) and a Red Witch Moon Phaser - between them replacing my Keeley Monterey which was good but I never bonded with as much as I thought I would. Both excellent thus far.

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
It never ends guys... it will never end
Now the MXR Smart Gate is back at the beginning of chain.. new high gain preamp pedal purchased (AMT R2) and another one is on the way (AMT B1)..
View attachment 389901

The B1 will replace the R2 and stay on the home board and the R2 will be my jamming partner as it has 2 channels and cab sim.
Nice ‘board! Just a quick thought ... I’ve never been a fan of noise gates so was wondering if you’ve tried the MXR Noise Clamp as an alternative to the Smart Gate? Unlike a traditional noise gate, it doesn’t sit “inline” with your gain pedals, instead it puts the gain pedals pedal(s) in a loop and then cuts in/out based on a trigger from your standard guitar signal ... which means that threshold can be super sensitive even if the pedal(s) are very noisy.

Worked very well for me with a noisy fuzz whilst keeping better sustain and dynamics than a regular noise gate.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Nice ‘board! Just a quick thought ... I’ve never been a fan of noise gates so was wondering if you’ve tried the MXR Noise Clamp as an alternative to the Smart Gate? Unlike a traditional noise gate, it doesn’t sit “inline” with your gain pedals, instead it puts the gain pedals pedal(s) in a loop and then cuts in/out based on a trigger from your standard guitar signal ... which means that threshold can be super sensitive even if the pedal(s) are very noisy.

Worked very well for me with a noisy fuzz whilst keeping better sustain and dynamics than a regular noise gate.
Well I spent ages studying noise gates and noise in general as I have a unique case.. I live in Egypt where we don’t have any electricity regulations regarding grounding and isolation etc. All my guitars hum except the one with EMG. After thorough readings and experiments, I reached the current setup you see. There are 2 noise gates on my board. MXR Smart Gate which is the first in chain. Lowest threshold and frequency selector set to “Mid”. This cleans my direct guitar signal. My main noise gate is the ISP Decimator II Gstring which has a loop and works exactly as you described the noise clamp but for me it is better in taming high gain noise.

Here is latest organization :)

BF4160C1-1319-474A-866F-A350612C3A49.jpeg

Last edited:

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Well I spent ages studying noise gates and noise in general as I have a unique case.. I live in Egypt where we don’t have any electricity regulations regarding grounding and isolation etc. All my guitars hum except the one with EMG. After thorough readings and experiments, I reached the current setup you see. There are2 noise gates on my board. MXR Smart Gate which is the first in chain. Lowest threshold and frequency selector set to “Mid”. This cleans my direct guitar signal. My main noise gate is the ISP Decimator II Gstring which has a loop and works exactly as you described the noise clamp but for me it is better in taming high gain noise.

Here is latest organization :)

View attachment 399258
Wow - hasn’t spotted the second gate! Sounds like quite the fun issue but good that you’ve got it covered. :thumb:

Belvedere

Reaction score
Here’s a pic of my pedalboard, ready for Summer gigs, everything powered by a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2plus, fitted underneath, except the Wah Wah, a late 60s/early 70s Vox which Roger Mayer himself modded for me: basically the little switch on the right in the “down” position gives you a slightly darker wah, which I actually like very much.
He said “I did this mod to Jimi’s wah’s“: if he says so...
Anyway, this ‘board literally fills all my needs, plus some.
View attachment 388733
Love your board man!

Mockbel

Reaction score
I remember one day I had a chat with a guitar tech who was formerly a player too. We discussed overdrive/distortion and he said “Dirt pedals are like women. Each one has its own taste”. At that time I said to myself “Huh, I use only amp distortion and it covers everything”... Now I have to admit that he was right and I out of nowhere slipped into it.. Yesterday I added a 4th dirt pedal to my pedalboard and I can definitely say that they are not by any means the same or even close to each other.. I love them all and I love how they sound very different from each other... I am talking about Ibanez TS9, Carl Martin PlexiTone, AMT B1, and AMT R2

2F6F4A69-2019-455A-8EAC-A066747ED67C.jpeg

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
My "invisible" pedal board is empty at the moment. Ten will fit on it, and there's thirty available.
FYI, a pair of push up grips/handles make a good amp stand for small combos. I had a Blues Junior III on them once. Quite stable once you find the sweet spot.

Deftone

Reaction score
I remember one day I had a chat with a guitar tech who was formerly a player too. We discussed overdrive/distortion and he said “Dirt pedals are like women. Each one has its own taste”. At that time I said to myself “Huh, I use only amp distortion and it covers everything”... Now I have to admit that he was right and I out of nowhere slipped into it.. Yesterday I added a 4th dirt pedal to my pedalboard and I can definitely say that they are not by any means the same or even close to each other.. I love them all and I love how they sound very different from each other... I am talking about Ibanez TS9, Carl Martin PlexiTone, AMT B1, and AMT R2

View attachment 399629
I have an AMT R1 but I could never get good tones out of it...how are you setting yours up?

Also, how is that Digitech Drop? I'd kill for a good drop pedal.

Mockbel

Reaction score
I have an AMT R1 but I could never get good tones out of it...how are you setting yours up?

Also, how is that Digitech Drop? I'd kill for a good drop pedal.
I always like scooped sound of high gain pedals so I almost set both B1 and R2 the same:
Gain: 4 o'clock
Bass: 3 o’clock
Mid: 9 o’clock
Treble: 1 o’clock
B1 is naturally having deeper lows so I may reduce the bass a little bit on it

Drop pedal is perfect for me as I just need it to drop half or full step only.. I never go further and I hear that after 2 full steps it will start to sound too digital