Your Effects Pedalboard !!! Pics !!!

littlebadboy

Reaction score
How do you like the drop tune? I’ve been using a friends whammy from detuning and it seems good to about a half a tone - to a full tone, after that it starts to sound very processed.
Here's my demo on cleans on an originally drop D tuned guitar switched to C on my Digitech Drop.

To me, it sounds good down to 5 or 6 semitones down. It may sound processed but not horrible. It's somewhat musical and has a unique sound. I love my Digitech Drop because I don't need a baritone or 7 string anymore as any of my guitars can be one at a switch.

Last edited:

mikekim

Reaction score
Here are both of my current boards..

My Main Board:

Temple Audio Duo 17 - Evidence Audio Monorail Cable, GigRig Power, Mooer Candy Button toppers on pedals

My Floyd Board:

Temple Audio Duo 24 - Evidence Audio Monorail Cable, GigRig Power

both are wired so the rear row of pedals can be run through an effects loop if required.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Here are both of my current boards..

My Main Board:

Temple Audio Duo 17 - Evidence Audio Monorail Cable, GigRig Power, Mooer Candy Button toppers on pedals

My Floyd Board:

Temple Audio Duo 24 - Evidence Audio Monorail Cable, GigRig Power

both are wired so the rear row of pedals can be run through an effects loop if required.
Very Nice and Clean! How are those pedals held to the board? Is your signal chain the same as the order of the pedals on the board?

mikekim

Reaction score
Very Nice and Clean! How are those pedals held to the board? Is your signal chain the same as the order of the pedals on the board?
the temple audio boards use a system of plates that sick to the underside of the pedals and then screw to the board (the round knobs on the underside shots)

the audio chain is right to left bottom to top on both boards. the top row on both can be fed into the fx loop if required or run infront of the amp..

Robert Parker

Reaction score
I've never been much of a pedal user till lately, so this isn't as clean a board as some. But I finally got it where it works for me. Signal is right to left on the bottom row (starting at the wah), and then up from the phase 90 and left to right, out of the noise gate to the front of the amp. The boost and volume run in the effects loop.

Made the central board out of scrap mahogany, so ... you know ... it's all fancy-like, even though you can't see it. The base is MDF painted black and braces with aluminum angle iron. So, it's kind of a "high class red neck rig".

tapatalk_1554673181736.jpeg

Mockbel

Reaction score
I've never been much of a pedal user till lately, so this isn't as clean a board as some. But I finally got it where it works for me. Signal is right to left on the bottom row (starting at the wah), and then up from the phase 90 and left to right, out of the noise gate to the front of the amp. The boost and volume run in the effects loop.

Made the central board out of scrap mahogany, so ... you know ... it's all fancy-like, even though you can't see it. The base is MDF painted black and braces with aluminum angle iron. So, it's kind of a "high class red neck rig".

View attachment 371284
Very nice looking board :yesway:
How do you like the Smart Gate in this position? For me it works perfect before dirt pedals.. this is how I use it.. I use ISP Decimator in the amp FX loop to take all noise from wah, tube screamer, PlexiTone, and Preamp out...
29FE50B3-A5F5-463C-80E9-A0F285236CFC.jpeg

Robert Parker

Reaction score
Very nice looking board :yesway:
How do you like the Smart Gate in this position? For me it works perfect before dirt pedals.. this is how I use it.. I use ISP Decimator in the amp FX loop to take all noise from wah, tube screamer, PlexiTone, and Preamp out...
View attachment 371287
Hmmmmmm. I've only had it about a month and only used it in that position. But it works well so far. I mostly have it for the multi-position switches and leave the dial all the way down. My main guitar has p90s, so this gives me a major reduction in hum without much loss of sustain.

I'll have to try it before the dirt though and see. It definitely does not play well with my Dyna Comp - not a surprise, really (been considering an Xotic SP instead) - so that might be another reason to try moving it.

Roman4405

Reaction score
I think it’s time to bite the bullet and pick up a new board. I don’t have room for the JHS Emperor I’ve been jonesing for. Just got the Voyager today, I really like this one for my low gain tone and the BoR Boost into sounds pretty great. I think I’m good on my dirt for a while. Or I need a mini tuner and then take the foot switch off and wedge it in there on the left. That just might work.
4932B227-5B4A-4439-A086-5395C77952D5.jpeg

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Was considering a new board for a bit more space (would like to tuck the Stymon Zuma PSU underneath really ...) but instead made some subtle changes to my existing ‘board ... no new pedals, but tweaked the layout so the power supply is more out of the way (in the back corner above the output jack thanks to a couple or risers) and the Box of Rock is back on the front row for easy access to the solo boost. Also got a little more room between stomp switches this way which is never a bad thing.

I think the Monterey may be leaving soon ... the vibe and rotary sounds are good but, TBH, I preferred my old Phase 90 and I barely use the fuzz. Might consider some kind of multi modulation pedal or just get another Phase 90 and be done with it.

Previous

Now

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Was considering a new board for a bit more space (would like to tuck the Stymon Zuma PSU underneath really ...) but instead made some subtle changes to my existing ‘board ... no new pedals, but tweaked the layout so the power supply is more out of the way (in the back corner above the output jack thanks to a couple or risers) and the Box of Rock is back on the front row for easy access to the solo boost. Also got a little more room between stomp switches this way which is never a bad thing.

I think the Monterey may be leaving soon ... the vibe and rotary sounds are good but, TBH, I preferred my old Phase 90 and I barely use the fuzz. Might consider some kind of multi modulation pedal or just get another Phase 90 and be done with it.

Previous

Now
How do you like that MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe? Been serious considering one...

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
How do you like that MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe? Been serious considering one...
I like it a lot. Had a standard Carbon Copy before which replaced a much more expensive T-Rex Replica because I like the tone so much but I did miss having Tap Tempo so that was the main draw of the CC Deluxe for me. I do use that, of course, but, surprisingly, the feature I like the most is having the width/depth controls for the modulation - allows you to “chill out” the amount of modulation on the repeats very nicely whereas I would often just switch them off on the standard version.

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Well ... no sooner "done" than everything changes again ...

Been having some issues since switching from a Marshall Origin (super bright amp) to my new Supro. Love the sound of the Supro but was noticing a loss of high-end in my tone when running through my 'board, As a result, I've been cranking the Tone knobs on the Box of Rock and Geisha Drive to compensate but it was far from ideal. I guess the Origin was masking this issue due to being soooo bright itself.

I was considering a dedicated buffer of some sort but after researching them for a while I instead decided to go crazy and pick up a Ryra Klone, as I like the idea of having a Klon-style pedal and the Ryra has "that buffer" in it as well. Arrived today ... whoa - what a pedal! The best "keef" tone I've had from any pedal and has completely sorted out the treble loss: tone knobs are all back to sane positions and all of my drives sound better. I've put it after the Monterey, since that is a Germanium fuzz which reportedly won't like a buffer before it. Well, either I'm imagining things but even the Fuzz and the Modulation tones from that pedal sound better now: had some great rotary and phase tones dialled in, the octave "octaves" properly ... I am one happy punter!!

Also put the larger pedals back on the front row as I wasn't finding the boost any easier to hit and I can run cleaner cable routes this way.

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Before.....

After....took off the Friedman because the new Orange rocks. Also removed the Soul Food because it too became a bit superfluous with the new amp. I also picked up a used Ibanez GE10 EQ pedal. Works great and I think it's pretty cool. I also moved the lil' Joyo flanger to the effects loop.

M.M.

Reaction score
I'm building this next week - it'll take a bit of time as I'm gonna be documenting the whole process in video.

Just a rough try of the layout today, with some of the more critical plugs in place. I'm actually more excited about the stuff thats gonna go underneath (TheGigRig power and some more goodies made by me - neeeerd).

Last edited:

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Well, some more changes ... was feeling the itch for a new delay pedal and was considering going "digital" now I have a proper PSU on my board and trying a Strymon Volante or the Dawner Prince Boonar. However, one of my local stores had a second-hand Walrus Audio Bellweather which sounded absolutely stellar so I ended up chopping in some unused pedals for that:

Had to give the board quite the re-jig to fit it on - it's surprisingly large! - which involves some longer than previous cable runs between pedals but now I have my buffered Klone on there that doesn't seem to have caused an issue.

Signal chain is actually:
JB Wah >>> Keeley Monterey >>> RYRA Klone (Buffer!) >>> Way Huge Geisha Drive >>> ZVex Box of Rock >>> Walrus Audio Bellweather >>> TC PolyTune >>> Mr Black Deluxe Plus.

Last edited:

Roman4405

Reaction score
E73F8EF2-D9AD-4A2C-961C-9A7537E089C2.jpeg

The DD3 is pissing me off, it’ll turn on for a bit and be fine then it just shuts off. Kinda a downer since my wife just picked it up for me in Japan, thinking of replacing it with a Flashback, I could use the looper function.

The new Charlie Brown is an awesome pedal, such a great low gain tone and the Boost off of the BoR into it sounds great.

With both sides of the BoR and the Charlie Brown on there’s an awesome lo-fi Black Keys type tone. I’m super happy with my gain tone right now, need some more modulation though.