Your Effects Pedalboard !!! Pics !!!

Big Mike

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nope. Pumaboards.com

Kev built it to match my amp rig. Did a fantastic job.

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You should hear him play. Mike is a great guitar player. :applause:
I have no DOUBTS about that MrsWB!!! Ya know what would be cool is if all the MLP members could get together and JAM!!!!

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
Aw Shucks.
A good player and humble too !! Don't blush !! .... What kind of tunes do you play Big Mike ? Any soundclips to post ? Hey I clicked the phatdaddy link .. You build pedals too !!!!

Big Mike

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my band myspace has some out of date stuff.

myspace.com/curiouseyeband

I don't build pedals, but I sell Nick Greer amps and Pedals, and Reinhardt amps. 2 of the best amp builders in the biz in my opinion.

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
Some celeb boards to spice up the thread !

Joe Perry ..

Brad Whitford ..

5F6-A

Reaction score
yes it is and great to overload the tubescreamer clone

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well, im at school right now, in the library so i don't have a pic of the one i personally own.. but this is what i got :thumb: have hardly gotten to use it though :(

check this out too! pretty awesome demo! :naughty:

http://media.roland.com/en/v/v0107/v010708M.mov

can't wait to try it out myself when i get the guitar :thumb:

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
That Roland demo didn't work ... ????????:wtf:

mmcquain

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I now have 3 pedalboards: Big, Medium, Little (at least that's how I think of 'em).

My big board is the one I leave at my regular weekly church gig (too darn heavy to lug back and
forth). It has the most effects on it, which is useful since I don't use a regular tube amp and I rely
on the pedals to get my sound.

My medium board is kept at home with my Peavey Classic 30 amp. This is the setup I'll take out to
most jam sessions/gigs (other than church). It is designed to give me all the effects I need but also
to take advantage of the amp's features (tube amp distortion/overdrive and reverb). As you can
see, I'm in the middle of soldering plugs on custom-fit cables as I've reworked the entire board
recently.

Oh, the metal box in the middle is going to be a true bypass 2-channel looper to help clean up my
signal path - I'm running the wah/overdrive on bypass 1 and the Tremolo/Chorus/Phase/Flange on
bypass 2). As I don't use these effects on several songs, I thought it would be cleaner to keep
them out of my path whenever possible. As always, everything is powered by a 1-Spot. I run this
board from the amp's effects loop. I run my guitar directly into the amp (either cable or Sennheiser
wireless depending on the gig).

This little guy is used with my Taylor T5 (and/or if I want an easy "grab and go" board when I plan
to go direct into the P.A. and not use an amp or extra effects, etc.). The DI box lets me tweak my
sound and it is a really great setup for a guitar like the T5, which can alternate between serving as
an acoustic or electric guitar.

All of the above makes perfect sense to me. Of course, the wife stills asks
"Why do you need all those things?!?!?"

Now let me say that while I'd never hide anything from my wife, I don't go out of my way to
point out to her that I now have 3 boards - what she don't know, can't hurt me! :fingersx:

While many will call me crazy and say this is overkill, let me explain things a little more...

As previously stated, my big board stays put at church (my old back doesn't need to lug that
weight around to practice and then again on Sunday services).

As for the need for a separate (little) board for my "acoustic" (the Taylor T5), there are times
when I may take/use 2 pedalboards at the same gig. For example, I'm playing alternating between
the T5 and my electrics (Les Paul, 356, etc.). I'll have the T5 into the small board into the PA.
The electrics will play thru one of the larger boards into my amp or whatever. It's one thing to
switch guitars between songs but you can't be rerouting signals between PA and amp, etc. in the
middle of the set.

Even at church I'll sometimes take the T5 and small board and let one of the other guys play it
while I'm playing electric simulataneously. Depending on who is playing acoustic that week, my T5
may be a better sounding guitar than say, their Yamaha. Of course, the guy with the Martin never
wants to swap out for the Taylor - go figure :)

Anyway, yes, it is a sickness I guess (or at least the results of some major GAS pains over the
last 2 years) but it works for me.