Your data

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know there's been several lengthy discussions here about data. Last week I was at a statewide conference where one of the general session keynotes was about the future of Google, Apple and Amazon and their respective moves into healthcare. The big 3 all see their role in healthcare as their future. Not just a piece of it, but a cornerstone of it. They view it as not just another area to dabble in, but the area their futures will be based on and the data they will have because of it. A world where your genome is automatically entered into your record at birth. Your Apple watch monitors and stores all your vitals 24/7/365. Alexa learns to distinguish between your normal allergy cough and a cough related to an illness and asks it you'd like Amazon to send you something for it. Where the combination of your genome and vitals tracking will predict health issues far in advance with amazing accuracy. It was interesting to see the glimpse. It really caught my attention that with all the areas we know the big 3 are interested in, that your healthcare is THE one all three see as the biggest piece of their future. The steps and investments that have already been made are quite telling. Seems like it's been done largely under the radar, but it's a move already in full play. It was an eye opener for me. Just thought I'd share. All pretty Star Treky.

NotScott

Reaction score
“I saw a new world coming rapidly. More scientific, efficient, yes. More cures for the old sicknesses. Very good. But a harsh, cruel, world. And I saw a little girl, her eyes tightly closed, holding to her breast the old kind world, one that she knew in her heart could not remain, and she was holding it and pleading, never to let her go.”
― Kazuo Ishiguro, NEVER LET ME GO

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can send your poop in the mail now. I thought that was a breakthrough.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
I know there's been several lengthy discussions here about data. Last week I was at a statewide conference where one of the general session keynotes was about the future of Google, Apple and Amazon and their respective moves into healthcare. The big 3 all see their role in healthcare as their future. Not just a piece of it, but a cornerstone of it. They view it as not just another area to dabble in, but the area their futures will be based on and the data they will have because of it. A world where your genome is automatically entered into your record at birth. Your Apple watch monitors and stores all your vitals 24/7/365. Alexa learns to distinguish between your normal allergy cough and a cough related to an illness and asks it you'd like Amazon to send you something for it. Where the combination of your genome and vitals tracking will predict health issues far in advance with amazing accuracy. It was interesting to see the glimpse. It really caught my attention that with all the areas we know the big 3 are interested in, that your healthcare is THE one all three see as the biggest piece of their future. The steps and investments that have already been made are quite telling. Seems like it's been done largely under the radar, but it's a move already in full play. It was an eye opener for me. Just thought I'd share. All pretty Star Treky.
I'm sorry but this doesn't follow HIPAA at all. I don't own a Alexa or Apple watch. So I'm SOL.

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Healthcare is huge. With data concerns also come security requirements too. It's a growing market given the aging population. A lot of people are going to make some good money off it.

All this crap is freaking me out. I just want to get rid of all my electronic devices and move up into the mountains and live off the grid.

You'd miss MLP.
(and Harry Potter).

Teledan

Reaction score
Healthcare is huge. With data concerns also come security requirements too. It's a growing market given the aging population. A lot of people are going to make some good money off it.

You'd miss MLP.
(and Harry Potter).
Maybe Harry Potter, but not MLP :p