Your Current OD For Orange Terror Amp’s

Classicplayer

Reaction score
For awhile now, I've been considering adding either an OD or boost of some time to augment my Dark Terror's tone without significantly changing the amp's gain characteristics. Where Orange amps have plenty of low mids without pedals, I'd prefer something that does not add too many extra mids. Has anyone come up with something acceptable?

Classicplayer

Last edited:

lunchbox

Reaction score
I used to use an EP Boost with my CR120. It just boosts the signal going in, so it doesn’t change the character at all, but does give you more gain and volume. I could mail mine out to you if you want. If you like it, I’ll sell it to you. If not, just send it back.

1572349285908.jpeg

Classicplayer

Reaction score
Awhile back I read about the Exotic booster and almost ordered one, then changed my mind. What I'd like to know about this one (and boosts in general) can they be operated with just a small amount of volume increase from the pedal and still noticeably alter my Dark Terror's tone, yet still keep the Dark Terror's gain structure identifiable as “Orange” tone?

Classicplayer

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I bought a Digitech Bad Monkey years ago and never looked back. I love how it sounds with my Rocker 15 Terror. I loved it with a Tiny Terror as well. I've compared it against other TS pedals, notably a TS and an EHX East River Drive. The added bass control gives it girth. I feel it keeps my Orange tone intact and nicely compresses my crunch. Crispy and punchy!

Latest Threads