you know that feeling when you make an expensive mistake

sk8rat

Reaction score
I'm feeling it right now. I went to buy a new door for my car off of craigslist. guy had a low milage parts car and the door was mint.

went to pull the door off and all the weight of the door is at the front so it immediately tilted and the bottom front corner hit the ground

now I have two equally damaged doors and i'm out $250

damage on my original door

mtgguitar

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know you, what was wrong with the old door?

Problem-solving-flowchart.jpg

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a terrible feeling when a plan to save a little money makes for more work.
Zeno’s paradox: each succeeding half step takes twice as long as the preceding half step.
You never actually arrive at the destination.

sk8rat

Reaction score
It is a terrible feeling when a plan to save a little money makes for more work.
Zeno’s paradox: each succeeding half step takes twice as long as the preceding half step.
You never actually arrive at the destination.
usually that is the case but not so much with this I think. replacing a part vs repairing isnt really a half step. I'm just an Idiot. I brought pillows to put under the door but didn't grab them out of the car. would have save me a lot of headache.

DOH! The new door at least looks like an easy repair. :dunno:

I'm going to forget about it for now and when the sting of it goes away im going to take it to a body shop and see what they say.

HardCore Troubadour

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
why would a man that owns not one but TWO jets, be buying a second hand door for his car off of craigslist?

Couldn't you just send it back to Ferrari or Maserati or wherever and have them replace it?

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Complete doors are pretty heavy so I am not sure pillows would have helped anyways.A good crate or plastic container or even a piece of wood to support it would have worked.
I would love to seen the looks on the guys face when the door dropped..

Looking at the two doors if that is all the damage the new door took I would go with that over the older door that looks like it has more damage spread over the door.

Damn just noticed it was the same color..Total bummer

Latest Threads