You guys love watches... go shopping for me.

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
All the damn classic Timex watches are quartz now.

It's a cheap and easy way to make watches.

It takes work, skils and knowhow to make a mechanical watch.

"craftsmanship" , which almost never exists anymore. Just some peon on an assembly line.
For craftsmanship, one needs to go expensive... the sort of expensive that makes a Rolex seem affordable..

The likes of F.P. Journe, H. Moser & Cie, Voutiliannen etc. Maybe even A. Lange & Söhne... But even they still use CNC machines. If you really want to go "craftsmanship" (hand made) one needs to ask Philippe Dufour, but there you are looking at a 200 year waiting list....

Or, go the cheap route, get a Mühle Glashütte (I have one... very nice tool watch!)

Reactions: Who

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The non-functional ones. The two on the left were for years of service. The hands on the Roots apparently strike one another. The "gold" Seiko didn't really work long, even after being sent back under warranty. The beat up Seiko was a work watch. Batteries and strap repairs and a strap replacement for the gray Seiko would restore most of the functionality.

202003132417.jpg

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I have a Luminox Navy Seal watch that is great. It looks good, takes a beating and doesn't stop...except if you don't screw down the crown on the day you take the kids to the water park. It still looks great. I have to send it out to get a new movement installed.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Invicta makes nice automatic watches. I had one years ago. Built like a tank.

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
Invicta makes nice automatic watches. I had one years ago. Built like a tank.
They have a bad reputation on watch sites. I have seen a youtube video of a guy buying a Invitca Pro Diver and using it on holiday as his "beach watch", ie: in the ocean for snorkeling, in the swimming pool etc. After some initial teething problems (consisting of putting silicon grease on the crown threads and threads for the back), it worked just fine and kept good time. the Miyota movement helped a lot.

Personally, I opted for a Steinhart Ocean One. Great watch!

Latest Threads