"You can only play one at a time"

smk506

Reaction score
I had friends growing up who would say that shit all the time. They did drugs and didn’t work, it took me awhile to figure out that anything you couldn’t smoke or snort was a waste of money to them. The borderline animosity I’d get showing off a new score was partially responsible for me cutting those ties and probably fully responsible for my developed lack of fucks on anyone else’s opinions on my spending habits.

I also had a guitar teacher who would get kind of exasperated at my gear acquisition rate, but that was a bit different. He just wanted me focusing on playing and practicing more.

I Break Things

Reaction score
This thread inspired me,I need more,I think I'll get MRS.FEZZ to buy me a new Harmony 5 watt amp....Hell,I may ask for a Schecter PT also,I have many songs to record.......I was just sitting here thinking about my skull---just waiting for my flesh to rot--MOCKING ME! I need mucho distraction! TAKE ME AWAY FROM ALL THIS DEATH!

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, you can look at as many as you like while playing one at a time. Thankfully never been asked about it.

However I used to Get the same shit from people about guns, they (being in UK) would freak the fuck out when they asked, after finding out I shoot, 'how many guns do you have' at my peak i had 12, I used to use the old golfing analogy, you wouldn't use a driver to put 5 yards. I don't mention guns at all anymore, just not worth the hate in seems to engender in the UK.

Last edited:

AlanBiker

Reaction score
well, you can look at as many as you like while playing one at a time. Thankfully never been asked about it.

However I used to Get the same shit from people about guns, they (being in UK) would freak the fuck out when they asked, after finding out I shoot, 'how many guns do you have' at my peak i had 12, I used to use the old golfing analogy, you wouldn't use a driver to put 5 yards. I don't mention guns at all anymore, just not worth the hate in seems to engender in the UK.
I like guns...

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Ok, full disclosure, I started this thread because for the first time yesterday I told someone to go f*** themselves after asking me that, so sick of it. I'm 28 and currently own 57 guitars - nothing particularly desirable or vintage. Everthing that's playable gets played (some historical stuff in there too, not fit for use) Guess I need to find less crappy friends :rofl: .

Latest Threads