You Brits are a Pessimistic Bunch

Cpt Matt Sparrow

Reaction score
You might want to come up with a more menacing opener. :laugh2:

Why I was in London just last Saturday. In glorious Newham, no less.

:laugh2:

'Underpants' is stolen from a scene that never, ever fails to make me laugh. It's the bit in the film National Lampoon's Vacation when Chevy Chase's Clark Griswald is trying to order a beer in Dodge City, the bartender ignores him, so trying to be all hard ass he calls out "hey underpants...yellowbelly" LMAO.

Matt

ptate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We have sports we're good at though......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqObJtGrKaA]Upper Class Twit of the Year - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLdK9zaLaG8]Mr Michael Palin :[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBynXo3UQN0]Monty Python's Graham Chapman's One Man Wrestling.avi - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ]Monty Python's The Meaning of Life - Physical Education - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw8ZL_gcTSM]Monty Python - Literary Football - YouTube[/ame]

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Don't talk about something you know nothing about (oh I forgot, you're always doing that! :D)

Get hold of a book called 'The Most Dangerous Enemy' by Stephen Bungay and read the facts about the Battle of Britain. RAF Fighter Command was not vastly outnumbered. The organisation was well organised, and functioned as well as could be expected in all the circumstances. We were reading the German signals in real time, and at no point was there a widely-held belief that we would not win the battle in the skies of England in the summer of 1940... At the end of the Battle (end of October), we had more pilots and planes than at the start (July).

End of Vasco's serious post. :dude:

Yer Scouse prick, that was meant as a tongue in cheek joke. :facepalm:

Jesus Vasco don't you Liverpudlians have any sense of humour?..Silly question really..

You pedantic old sourpuss.. You are a miserable old grumpy git..
Just take a lool at you with your new 'Blues brothers tribute band'.
You haven't a clue as to what's f*cking going on and have a face like a bag of lemons.

Don't tell me they actually paid you for that.. What was the gig...An Irish wake? :laugh2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJPiJMjsZMs&feature=relmfu]DSCN0498 - YouTube[/ame]

Phil47uk

Reaction score
To be honest (and putting the debate about the monarchy aside) she was a great sport for involving her self with this. As a die hard Bond fan I was overjoyed to see her address him as Mr Bond. Great touch to the opening :cool:

Screenshot2012-07-28at081132.png

Is that actually the Queen, or that double who often impersonates her on comedy shows? :laugh2:

Patricia Ford

_60086499_queen.jpg

PatriciaFord_Mainpic_Large.jpg

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest (and putting the debate about the monarchy aside) she was a great sport for involving her self with this. As a die hard Bond fan I was overjoyed to see her address him as Mr Bond. Great touch to the opening :cool:

I saw a Chinese guy being interviewed last night who had been heavily involved in the opening ceremony in Beijing and he commented that he was impressed that the Queen would parachute at her age. You could see the interviewer was about to set him right but then stopped himself and just let it go.

I wonder how many morons around the world actually think she did do it? You'd think they would have more common sense and would realize that it would never really happen or that they would clue into the fact that it was daylight when they first showed the helicopter flying but obviously nighttime when the jump took place but I somehow doubt it as there are some truly stupid people in this world.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
This is weird, my comment wasn't even directed at you.

I just picked up on the East London reference. I didn't realize we were only allowed to comment on posts that were directed at us specifically. This board is gonna get real slow if that is the new rule.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score

Jesus Vasco don't you Liverpudlians have any sense of humour?..Silly question really..

You haven't a clue as to what's f*cking going on and have a face like a bag of lemons.

Don't tell me they actually paid you for that.. What was the gig...An Irish wake? :laugh2:

DSCN0498 - YouTube

He's actually trying to figure out how he ended up on stage with someone playing a fvcking Fender of all things!

12watt

Reaction score
I just picked up on the East London reference. I didn't realize we were only allowed to comment on posts that were directed at us specifically. This board is gonna get real slow if that is the new rule.

It'll turn into a conversation with my mother in law if we all chuck in oblique asides. :laugh2:

John Vasco

I was with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

DSCN0498 - YouTube

Tongue-in-cheek joke? Piss off, totally lame excuse for getting something completely wrong. But then you never admit to your mistakes, do ya, cockney! :naughty:

You seem to slag off my playing at the slightest pretext. I shouldn't expect anything else really from someone who plays by modes, and has been a 'teacher' (I use the word advisedly) for decades. Those who can, do, etc.... :D :dude:

John Vasco

I was with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He's actually trying to figure out how he ended up on stage with someone playing a fvcking Fender of all things!

It isn't, actually. It's a Parts-o-caster... :dude:

You should see what's really on the headstock...! :naughty: :D :dude:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Tongue-in-cheek joke? Piss off, totally lame excuse for getting something completely wrong. But then you never admit to your mistakes, do ya, cockney! :naughty:

You seem to slag off my playing at the slightest pretext. I shouldn't expect anything else really from someone who plays by modes, and has been a 'teacher' (I use the word advisedly) for decades. Those who can, do, etc.... :D :dude:

You started it you old twat, telling people I couldn't play the blues.. ( at least as not as well as you ) .
Anyway...Good money in teaching guitar to supplement gigs in this day and age.

Better than working in the social services, at least you are playing it 24/7 and not typing letters in an office.. :laugh2:

Bugger off, you are talking out of your arse again...:dude:

Any more nonsense from you if you dont behave yourself and an early trial may be looming on the horizon for next years dick head of the year award .. How may will that be then?... Four in a row...

Better hope onehippie's computer gets up and running if you need a defence lawyer. :laugh2:

Anyway.. Gotta go.. Leaving for yet another gig in an hour.. What will you be doing eh? Sitting in front of the TV with a plate of chips.

Latest Threads