You Brits are a Pessimistic Bunch

kmk108

Reaction score
Uhmmmmm, they are in the MLB. So what is your issue? Maybe I shouldn't have said country, but the MLB is the best league in baseball in the world.

The argument was that us Yanks call it the World Series, when we don't let the rest of the world participate, when in fact we let another country participate :thumb:

kmk108

Reaction score
Do you get any Canadian channels where you are? It is airing live here.

I doubt it. BBC America isn't even showing it. We get Battlestar Galactica instead :rolleyes: I'm sure I can find a feed somewhere if I try hard enough, but since NBC is showing the games, I'm sure they won't let any other American channel show it live.

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
I read that in the greatest posh accent I could think of :laugh2:

snob12.jpg

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The argument was that us Yanks call it the World Series, when we don't let the rest of the world participate, when in fact we let another country participate :thumb:

Like I said. If any country/league can put together a team to rival the MLB champs, then let them play. Canada has one team now, but is part of the MLB still.

My challenge to anyone who is upset by the world series, is to get another team outside of the MLB, to come close to any MLB team, much less beat the champs.

Cpt Matt Sparrow

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, yeah America great thrilled fantastic :naughty:

What an amazing opening ceremony we're having, the music choices and the Bond sequence in particular was really something :applause:

Matt

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
It's even better when the Welsh like Rankleson join in.. They have some lovely tenors up there and when their arses are up against the wall they usually burst into song..
First rank fire,, reload..Second rank fire..reload..Third rank fire..reload..First rank fire,, reload.
Are we in tune Taffy?

'Men of Harlech, stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spearpoints gleaming'..La la la etc etc...

You must have a lyrics sheet as there is no way any normal person can understand the bloody Welsh!

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
True, don't mess with the Welsh or they will come & terrorise you with their close harmony singing.

To say nothing of the bleating of the sheep they are shagging and the smell of the leeks they are munching.

kmk108

Reaction score
Like I said. If any country/league can put together a team to rival the MLB champs, then let them play. Canada has one team now, but is part of the MLB still.

My challenge to anyone who is upset by the world series, is to get another team outside of the MLB, to come close to any MLB team, much less beat the champs.

That's why I think there should be an international club competition. Take away some of the 162 games away (There doesn't need to be that many in a season) and put them into an international competition. Make it run under the supervision of the IBAF. It's a great way to spread the word of the different leagues around the world, and expand the game's global presence.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I'm recording the opening ceremonies of the Olympics so just started watching it a few minutes ago. I love that they showed an image of the Pink Floyd pig flying over Battersea Power Station!

Cpt Matt Sparrow

Reaction score
To be honest (and putting the debate about the monarchy aside) she was a great sport for involving her self with this. As a die hard Bond fan I was overjoyed to see her address him as Mr Bond. Great touch to the opening :cool:

Screenshot2012-07-28at081132.png

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
To be honest (and putting the debate about the monarchy aside) she was a great sport for involving her self with this.
No kidding Matt.
I think every other family member has had a bit of fun with their status, but I never imagined Her Madge would go there.

ptate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The royals like a laugh....The queen has always been a fan of Coronation Street:shock:

We're not really pessimistic, just sarcastic, ironic, tough as old nails and look down on the rest of the world as young whippersnappers....!!

Arzachel

Reaction score
its just the way we are

thanks to us being down on sports we do stuff like Monty Python, Led Zeppelin and The Lord of the Rings the less fortunate can spend their time running, jumping and throwing :)

Rankelson

Reaction score
To be honest (and putting the debate about the monarchy aside) she was a great sport for involving her self with this. As a die hard Bond fan I was overjoyed to see her address him as Mr Bond. Great touch to the opening :cool:

I thought this to be impossible

But my fondness of our Queen

has tripled

God save our gracious Queen

:applause:

Latest Threads