Yet Another Guitar Center Shipping Fail Pics Included

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Saw this in GC'S used section online listed in excellent condition for a dirt cheap price so I ordered it.

downloadfile.jpeg

Wednesday I get notification that one box weighing 143 lbs has been shipped.

Ummmm... Ok

The UPS driver whom knows me quite well just left my driveway after we had a ten minute talk about this retailer.

The speakers, speaker stands, mixer and cables were in separate UPS cardboard totes on the truck.

Why?

Because the fine employees at the Sugarland TX GC wrapped 43lb PA speakers along with the mixer and rest in one layer of cheap bubble wrap then put it in a flimsy used beat to hell cardboard box with some packing peanuts for the journey.

The 48 hour trip from TX to WI resulted in this at my UPS distribution center. Driver had the courtesy to take a pic before heading out for delivery.

He said at that point it was impossible to use Guitar Centers fine packaging so they had no choice but to take the items out separately and put them on his truck.

Guitar Center Fail.jpg

If you're by that store stop by later next week and and they'll have a customer return PA system to sell ya.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

DavGrape

Señor Mamber
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yow. Looks like a nice setup, too; used or not.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I would never order online from GC . I have made a few purchases by ordering in store __ to be delivered to the store . that way I can check the box and contents on the spot

I even ordered a Gretsch 5445T , because the store didn't have one for me to check out . I'm glad I did , because I was disappointed with the quality . I had them refund my money on the spot . . .

fry

Reaction score
That’s a bummer. No common sense displayed there at all. I have ordered a number of used items from GC at great prices, and always had a good experience, except for one time. The item was described as “excellent condition”, and it was just not. The price was so good, I still felt that I did OK. I take that back, there was a time I ordered an amp, and the box looked so rough that I didn’t even open it. I refused delivery, GC refunded me 100 percent with no grief.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
They tried to stuff all this in one box..:facepalm:

View attachment 323237

Yeppers... in my lifetime it's going to be hard to top that in the stupid shipping department.

UPS guy said their one box weight limit for regular deliveries is 150 lbs.

Little Johnny in the back room at GC figured he could toss all that in a POS box with some peanuts and good to go.

:facepalm:

When the UPS driver is so stunned by the stupidity he takes the picture you know it's going to be a no new gear day.

Latest Threads