Yes, there will be Iced Tea 2017 LP Traditionals

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Not bad, just not sure I like the rimburst. Looks pretty good otherwise.

Nippon

You looking at me?
Reaction score
Shame it is a rim burst. Only Gibson could **** up an otherwise nice guitar.

1allspub

Reaction score
Good news here... the limited color palette of Cherry Sunburst, Honey Burst and (ugh) Antique Burst as a bummer. Hopefully they'll come out with even others.

And pthht to all you anti-rimbursters... viva-la-rimburst!!!! :D (and viva-la-teardrop too... love 'em both ;))

MJK

Reaction score
Looks great but I'm sticking with my Honeyburst! I'm just glad it looks like another good year for Gibson overall! Just my humble opinion.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Referencing my Iced Tea R8, I expected to see something better than this one...
It is a matter of taste but I don't like it at all !

Birdseyeview

Reaction score
So strange, and entirely subjective. I immediately disqualify a rim burst at first glance as a possible acquisition. I liken it to the profile of an Epi headstock: fugly!!!

kuku007

Reaction score
:Ohno::Ohno::Ohno: Maybe me but I feel like '16 Trad Ice tea look nicer than '17.

Fritz

Reaction score
Fugly. "Les Paul Lametop". $2,300 with a mug like that, cheesy flame (unless you get it in "just the right light at just the right angle"), no poker chip and no pickguard. At least it comes with pickup rings. Also, why the ABR bridge on a modern Les Paul? The guitars that the "Traditional" is supposed to be modeled after are the 80's Les Pauls which did not have ABR bridges. This is strange. As strange as the LP 1960 Classic re-release with that switch replacing one of the knobs.

george-marks-businessman-ponders-and-scratches-head-225x300.jpg

No thank you Gibson. Next please.

edselman

Reaction score
I totally agree. That's one of the ugliest rim-bursts I have ever seen. I don't like rim-bursts and that takes the prize for being the worst.

1allspub

Reaction score
I think without a poker chip AND without the pickguard mounted any LP really tends to look vaguely "off" regardless. It looks overly naked... like they didn't finish assembling it at the factory.

slowburst

Reaction score
Sam Ash is the only place so far that I've seen that has them in. Surely there will be variations as time goes on...we all know how many different versions of HCSB there are....

RocketKing

Reaction score
Anyone else keeping their fingers crossed for a Traditional Goldtop? I sure am!:fingersx:
I like the goldtop classic but i really prefer the 50's style neck as opposed to the 60's.
I still don't get why gibson has the goldtop and and ebony finishes available for the Standard - which now is the modern Les Paul with all the modern appontments - and they haven't had those 2 classic finishes for the Traditional line since 2012.
Beats me...:confused::dunno:
come on Gibson, don't make me go to another brand...:hmm::D

1allspub

Reaction score
Anyone else keeping their fingers crossed for a Traditional Goldtop? I sure am!:fingersx:
I like the goldtop classic but i really prefer the 50's style neck as opposed to the 60's.
I still don't get why gibson has the goldtop and and ebony finishes available for the Standard - which now is the modern Les Paul with all the modern appontments - and they haven't had those 2 classic finishes for the Traditional line since 2012.
Beats me...:confused::dunno:
come on Gibson, don't make me go to another brand...:hmm::D

I'm a 50s neck guy too... but the 60s neck on the 2017 Classics I have had in hand and/or played were actually pretty decent... not terribly thin... and nice and rounded (as opposed to the flat-ish Asym 60s neck on the Standard which I really don't care for at all). Anyway, if you haven't actually put your hands on one it might be worth it to you to try one. ;)

Latest Threads