Yes, P-rails with chrome covers .triple shots too!

mrcob

Reaction score
Theres been a lot of talk about p-rail covers. I got Stewart Mcdonald chrome humbucker covers and they fit over the p-rail. It didnt go all the way down but almost aLl the way but definitely enough...the tone is great. My original plan was to shave off a little plastic from the side of the pickup to make the cover fit but i didnt need to. If you wanted the cover to go fully down, you could shave some plastic.

Also, when i got my trple shot pickup ring (only for the neck), the cream color of the ring didnt match the cream of the rest of the guitar - not even close. I couldnt find another ring for the bridge that would match the triple shot. So, i decided to go with metal chrome rings. I used a Dremel to cut out slots from the ring to fit the triple shot switches (you could cut a plastic ring with an xacto knife). It was easy to take the little circuit board out of the triple shot ring and put it under the new ring. The picture shoes that i didnt do a good job cutting the pickup ring...i could make the slots a lot smaller (next time).

I'll post a picture below.

mrcob

Reaction score
picture:

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 775

Latest Threads