Yes, I HAVE eaten dog.

TheX

Doctor Jimmy
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was beach-det in Subic Bay for two years (78-79). Olongapo was home. I loved it there.

Actually, I was on the Cubi Point side. Most people won't recognize that name.

NAS%20Cubi%20Pt.jpg

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Who murders Cardinals and The X eats dogs.

You two are banned from animal threads! :laugh2:

Jakeislove

Reaction score
Attention span won't tolerate making it to the thread's end.

I wouldn't eat dog on purpose but can't judge.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Who murders Cardinals and The X eats dogs.

You two are banned from animal threads! :laugh2:

But what you don't know about X is that he runs an animal shelter. He's the Hannibal Lecter of the SPCA.

Jakeislove

Reaction score
OP:

I cannot for the life of me ever even think of eating a dog or cat. They are pets, not food. Now I know some will say the same for pigs, cows, chickens, fish, etc but from where I'm from, dogs and cats and horses are pets, not food. It all depends on the region but it is unfathomable to eat a dog or a cat or a horse. I mean it's just so wrong to me on so many levels as a pet lover. Rather or not they belong to someone is pointless to me. They are pets not food. That's my belief system and I gotta say, I think it's wrong to eat domesticated pets or potential pets. It's all depending on your beliefs......to me a cow isn't a pet like a dog. There is a difference to me. Someone in some third world country might believe otherwise but I can't imagine EATING man's best friend. I have to be honest, if I heard of someone around here killing dogs (or cats or horses) to eat them I would without a doubt report them immediately. I find it disgusting and vile honestly. And it's something that upsets me.

The cow's opinion is probably different, LOL!

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Everyone here eats cows and chickens

They eat cats, dogs and what not

Can't really see a difference here. They suffer the same :dunno:

PS: Don't get me wrong here I LOVE how a good grilled chicken tastes but seeing all those videos on YouTube definitely slowed me down. Man there's one that they jump on a live calf. That one just made me sick :(
Yeah, but cows and chickens aren't all cute and cuddly.

How anyone could eat anything with a face like this,:

sad-face-eyes-dog-dachshund.jpg

obviously has no soul.

scott1970

Reaction score
I've never eaten dog, which may or may not be a surprise since I'm in Tennessee all the time, but I'd be open to trying it if visiting a culture that consumed it.

And for the record, I start my day by making a pot of coffee and getting in the floor to bear hug my two dogs. And I go straight to them the minute I walk through the door.

I'd turn down cat. That's disgusting.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would probably eat dog if I was literally starving, not my dog...someone else's dog.

I've eaten mountain lion, rattlesnake, raw oysters, rocky mountain oysters, barbacoa, all the offals that are edible from pig, cow and chicken, chocolate covered crickets, snails and a McDonald's hamburger once.
KSG, how in holy hellllll did you ever survive the McDonald's burger?
That must have been scary?

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw a story about a dog eating fesitval in Japan. Appear Asians like dog;
not just Koreans and Chinese.

In South Korea you had to ask where the restaurants were
that served dog on the down-low.

Hack

Reaction score
In South Korea you had to ask where the restaurants were
that served dog on the down-low.

Yep. My first wife was Korean. Her mother said only "bad people" ate dogs. "No good. No good!"

Stevie 202

Reaction score
Somebody eats, somebody dies.

I have no problem with eating animals (although I won't eat dogs, cats, monkeys, etc myself).

I DO have a big problem with cruelty to animals.

If some creature is going to die to give you life, you could at least try to show some respect, no?

JMHO, YMMV.

jdto

Pretend Human
Reaction score

I have no problem with eating animals (although I won't eat dogs, cats, monkeys, etc myself).

If some creature is going to die to give you life, you could at least try to show some respect, no?

JMHO, YMMV.

There are things done to livestock right here in North America that many consider to be cruel.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I've been offered Dog iin Korea, I politely declined.

I would never eat Dog, some bad Karma eating a Dog IMHO.

If it was offered to me, regardless of where or for what, I'd politely decline again.............even if that led to someone being offended. Screw 'em.

They don't call Dogs, Man's best friend for nothing. :)

:cheers2:

RAG7890

Reaction score

JMHO, YMMV.

+ 10, well said. :thumb: :applause:

Just check out some of the hideous YT Videos. The way certain races / people treat animals is nothing short of deplorable IMHO.

:cheers2:

Phil47uk

Reaction score
There are things done to livestock right here in North America that many consider to be cruel.

You mean they bind their feet, tape their mouths shut and set them on fire alive?...:shock:

The MODS had to remove a pic I put up showing what they do to dogs at these dog festivals as they deemed to too graphic and distressing for members here to look at.

Of course we are natural omnivores and I have no problem with people eating animals although personally other than fish I only tend to eat free range chicken.
It's not what one eats but how these animals live out their lives and how they are slaughtered.

The pic I posted was of a terrified dog with its paws and mouth bound with tape being set on fire by some **** with a blow torch.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I have heard of people eating dog in China.
I find it a little disgusting.
Personally I'll stick with a nice Hotdog!

0.jpg

Latest Threads