Yellow Sola Sound Tone Bender

Mr Insane

Reaction score
came across a few videos of an awesome sounding pedal called a Sola Sound Tone Bender
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLiEksq5Y-A&list=LL8b9JVQ2k2UdQQVFZbV2XQQ]Classic tone bender shootout. - YouTube[/ame]

It just blew away the other tone benders!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFe8CKPiXgQ&list=LL8b9JVQ2k2UdQQVFZbV2XQQ]Sola Sound Colorsound Yellow Tonebender - YouTube[/ame]

So I'm thinking that would be a cool pedal to get sometime. Then I looked up prices :shock: Are there any DIY kits or clones available?

StandingWave

Reaction score
If it's not a Sola (or under another name, but produced by or in partnership with Macari's) it's a clone or variant AFAIK. Are you saying that the Yellow Tonebender blew away the others? If so, note that it is a Supa Bender and is more Muff-like than the earlier versions that people tend to equate with classic 'Bender tones. Check out the Barber Trifecta, which covers the Supa and Jumbo.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
are these the yellow solas that are still being made?

Sky

Reaction score
Cool story behind the one I own...
I was out in Lincoln, Nebraska after the B.B. King and Robert Cray show and was going in all the music stores out there. All the stores sucked...like they didn't have anything except old run down used off brand equipment. I cam across a case full of pedals and after sifting through all of the equipment pulled one of these suckers out and did an A/B test with about 9 pedals and took this one home.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Boffy61

Reaction score

blues_man_zep

Reaction score
Earthquake devices makes a clone of the old 3 knob tone benders

get_with_it

Reaction score
Yellow Tone Bender is an interesting one - one of my fave pedals . Its a mix of silicon and germanium transistors - so its not just a reissue of one of our 60s/70s pedals . I think its the most versatile fuzz we make - glad you like it :)

Ant Macari