Years of Jeff Beck Les Paul production

Mr. Nobody

Reaction score
Hello there. I recently purchased a couple of Jeff Beck R4s. One is an official Jeff Beck release in 1998(I know that run started in 1997) and an unofficial one from 2016. Does anyone know years of production and how many times they released it? I can’t find out much about any of the Jeff Becks. Hoping there is someone who knows all. Thanks in advance for any replies…

smk506

Reaction score
The only things I know about them is they’re super cool, highly coveted and they’re short in supply. I think I’ve see more Japanese Beck LPs than Gibsons.

I’m looking forward to learning something about these too, someone will be along with some good info soon I’m sure.

scrumm21

Reaction score
Welcome to MLP !

pics or it didn't happen.......

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Definitely 2009 with VOS, aged, signed/aged.

I don't really see how it matters anymore as you can just order a M2M however you want, although it will have a regular serial number.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
7E6D8A9E-D195-4B2F-B06B-59D11845D42B.jpeg

Mr. Nobody

Reaction score
Welcome to MLP !

pics or it didn't happen.......
Thank you for the welcome! I used to live on this website a number of years back under a different nom d’ plume. Wanted to get into comments so rejoined. I always found this to be a great site for all things Lester. Thanks again!

Mr. Nobody

Reaction score
Definitely 2009 with VOS, aged, signed/aged.

I don't really see how it matters anymore as you can just order a M2M however you want, although it will have a regular serial number.
The 2016 I bought is from an unofficial run that Gibson did that didn’t involve Jeff Beck. Again, I don’t know if they only ran them that year? Japan only? As I said, getting info on this has been difficult. I know some were produced that were chambered, I think the original run from 1997 had a certain number that were aged and signed. Along with the 2009 you mentioned. The two that I have are some of the best Custom Shop Gibsons I’ve ever owned. Lot to be said for Wraptails!!!!!!

Latest Threads