Yeah so.... Love my first Gibson LP so much that I did this, 2016 Standard-Desert Burst-HNGD

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
Love my first Gibson LP(2019 Trad Pro v Satin wino) so much that when I ran across this in the Gibson Demo/store section of Reverb I "had" to buy it. It's a 2016 Standard T. I believe it has similar asymmetrical neck to the Trad Pro V and the flame top had me GAS'ing for it, so wtf I pulled the trigger. Gibson packing was awesome. I arrived as stated in ad. Few minor blemishes that I don't care about given the price I paid, which I thought was fair, given the top and specs I wanted. Love the Asymmetrical neck and I think this one has the compound radius fretboard like my Trad Pro V. Whatever secret sauce my Trad Pro V has, I want more of it, and so far so good. Haven't played it yet. Just unboxed, marveled over the flame, inspected it, held it(more like fondled). and here I am. Have to run a few errands, but hope to get it played either late tonight or definitely tomorrow as I have the next 2 days off.

What you think? Pics don't do the top justice though. Awesome flame and some nice figuring of the wood grain as a nice bonus.

EDIT: Played it and love it. Neck feels as awesome as the Trad Pro V. I like the Burstbuckers. All around super excited!

IMG_1714.JPG
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1719.JPG
lg2wquo4s7yhyrwdxyhc.jpg
rzfptyoxwdkssu6sdf3q.jpg

Last edited:

Gitter

Reaction score
That's a beauty, congrats! Looks so much more lively in the pics you shot.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
Awesome Guitar! However, it sounds like you got the "Les Paul fever" bad. I can hear you already gassing for a P90 Les Paul from here ...

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
Awesome Guitar! However, it sounds like you got the "Les Paul fever" bad. I can hear you already gassing for a P90 Les Paul from here ...
I will need a good divorce lawyer if I buy another guitar anytime soon! However, does an acoustic really count????? Lol! Next purchase will be a nice acoustic. But budget is limited so I’ve been looking at the nicer Epiphone hand built guitars!

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
So I played several guitars today! The traditional pro v deserves a spot in the hall of fame! Got lucky on that one! The new standard, I love the guitar, but Jury still out on the pickups! They are better than Epiphone probuckers, but still I’m not sold on them! But not ready to give up either! I’m happy with the standard don’t get me wrong, just undecided on the pickups

dspelman

Reaction score
For the next time: "hard" light (specular light?) does a better job of bringing out quilt and flame on a guitar than soft light. A pair of soft boxes is a good "overall" lighting solution for some product, since it mostly eliminates shadows. But a spot will pop the grain.

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
For the next time: "hard" light (specular light?) does a better job of bringing out quilt and flame on a guitar than soft light. A pair of soft boxes is a good "overall" lighting solution for some product, since it mostly eliminates shadows. But a spot will pop the grain.
I’m dumb! Not sure what all that means lol!!! I know you are giving me tips, but I will need to reassess all that lol

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
Update! Played both new guitars more! The new standard is my favorite for playing classic rock, Kiss, etc..... the Wino Trad V is awesome for metal stuff, Motley Crue, Metallica etc.... love them both!!!!

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bananas awesome...
love to see a fellow member of the cult go full out...

the correct number to own is all of them btw...if anyone asks :h5:

awesome top...awesome paint job....perfect fade...

Gibson finishes are astonishingly good comforting how many they do...
their fades are out freaking standard

yours is a beauty

-chris

Latest Threads