Yamaha THR30II External Speaker

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha THR30II. I just use it in the living room. I want to add an external speaker. The back of the amp has a Left and right line out. I read I would need a powered speaker. Has anyone tried this. Any suggestions which speakers would work. I was looking into a Headrush FRFR-108. Thanks.
B2F4C231-2390-4DB7-B572-99730511FBD0.jpeg

cybermgk

“No such thing as fun for the whole family"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Might help to understand for what uses you want to put it to with external speakers. What is your goal?

tzd

Reaction score
A powered PA speaker like Headrush FRFR108 should work.

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
About any powered full range cab would work.... Depends on how loud you want to get and how much geet you want to lay out for it.... Many options out there.... JBL Eons are cool and great for the bucks. There's JBL PRX, JBL Eon, QSC, EV, Mackie, Peavey, Harbinger, Yamaha, Monoprice, etc. etc. etc. and a few dozen more etcs.... Then you have the stick PA cabs.... The new JBL PRX One stick pa is giving me the urge.... My fronts are all JB PRX... I am thinking about replacing a floor with a PRX One in back... In sticks, there are Bose, Yamaha, RCF, well hell, about everybody builds a stick now.... I'd like a JBL stick or two just in case I pick up a quick sound gig for speakers or just a solo and speakers, etc.. For just a public speaker(s) and no band or musician, I could toss one JBL One in the truck with a couple of mic cables, stands, MP3 player, mics, and I could be golden in 5 minutes... Just use the small mixer in the stick... Lots of options out there....

Go listen to some side by side.... I did several years back and that is why I use JBLs... Pick out what YOU like... What I like doesn't matter as it ain't my chippies paying for it.... You decide which sounds best to YOU....

Mr French

Reaction score
If you want to use a guitar cab I was in a similar situation with a helix. We used a hotone micro amp aux input and helix 1\4 output. The hotone was connected to a 4x12 cab and is loud enough for bedroom.

If I recall the hotone is an 18v amp. However, the tones may not be desirable with the guitar speaker.

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran headphone out from mine to powered monitors with very good results.

Latest Threads