Yamaha THR10C External Speaker Jacks

strayedstrater

Reaction score
Yes you can use stereo jacks instead of mono jacks. Just wire up the tip and sleeve connections the same way you'd wire a mono jack and leave the ring connection unconnected.

strayedstrater

Reaction score
I'm really curious what running a regular guitar amp through the THR's speakers would sound like.

Apparently they don't do any weird eq to the THR to compensate for the speakers (or else the THR would sound weird through normal guitar speakers.

The THR's speakers are very inefficient. That's why 10 watts can barely get to shouting volume.

A 5 watt Champ is surprisingly loud. But through the THR speakers it might sound great at a much reduced volume.

prunchen

Reaction score
Someone has noticed a cracking sound at certain frequencies, (Bb, B and C bass notes) especially distorted sounds and when the volume is turned up?
I have tried different speakers with different impedances and this unpleasant noise continues....arghhh...
all others sounds are good... It's only in a certain frecuency...

Ilmung

Reaction score
I believe you are talking about external speakers ......? If you play with external speakers ,are the internal speakers also working ?

prunchen

Reaction score
Yes, I'm talking about the external speakers...and when the external speakers are working, the internal they don't...

Ilmung

Reaction score
I do not have that problem , which impedance have your external speakers ?

prunchen

Reaction score
first, I used a 8ohms speaker....It made the noise...after I used a 16 ohms speaker...it makes the noise too...
I'm thinking that the problem comes from the jack plug...maybe there's a bad contact...

Latest Threads